Leaving the fold and going to the darkside

Cozza McA

Crunching The Gears
Reaction score
Well after 2 and a bit years of owning my 1.6FSI A3 S Line the time has come to move on to other faster things...
It has been a good ride for that time with a few downs but lots of ups to make everything better.
When the car started it was very basic but over time I have specked it up just right for me, was a good learning curve and made a few how to guides as well.

So the new car is a BMW 125i M Sport, with plenty of extras so there will be no modding to do or things to break in the process.
The engine is a 4 cylinder twin scroll turbo with 220bhp and a bit more torque.
0-62 in 6.2 seconds

I preferred the layout inside as well lots more modern and up to date, better seating/ driving position as you sit lower down and feel more enclose

Picked the car up from stevenage on Friday and drove 552 miles back home over night so managed some good stats coming back up the road!
only had one petrol stop as well so happy days

First impression are really positive, obviously the power is pretty fun to start with make driving effortless just leave in 6th and the boost pushes you about, also the ride is very comfortable even with the M Sport suspension the ride is softer unlike the S Line bone rattling ride, not had a chance for the twistys yet but I'm sure it will be even better. There are 4 driving modes to choose from Eco pro(motorway cruising) comfort(town) sport/sport+(This lets there be a slight amount of wheel spin but still stable and makes the engine/brakes more responsive and firm up steering/suspension)

PS. Still got the A3 but trying to sell privately to get a bit more for it!
ill still be on here helping out where I can and if anybody requires VCDS then I'll be of assistance.

Let me know what you think.
Cheers Corey

Reactions: Sandra
The new shape 1 series looks a lot better than the previous model....wasn't a fan of that at all.

New car looks nice. .

Reactions: Andy Crooks
The new shape 1 series looks a lot better than the previous model....wasn't a fan of that at all.

New car looks nice. .

Yeah I'd say so to, to be honest I wasn't to keen on the new shape when it first came out but it has grown on me, especially the M Sport trim. I'd say the xenon set the front end off pretty well

Sad to see you go to the darkside, but im sure you will still pop in and keep up to date with us all. Enjoy your new car Corey. :) x

Sad to see you go to the darkside, but im sure you will still pop in and keep up to date with us all. Enjoy your new car Corey. :) x

Thanks Sandra.
Yeah A3's really common where I stay so need some thing different. Yes I pop in now and again.
Don't think I'll join a BMW forum made that mistake here and spent pleanty on mods I never knew existed haha.
Never know I might be back...

Reactions: Sandra
Yeah I'd say so to, to be honest I wasn't to keen on the new shape when it first came out but it has grown on me, especially the M Sport trim. I'd say the xenon set the front end off pretty well

Yea it's nice , it's like the new a3 is taking its time to grow on me but most new models do have to grow on me,

I just wished that bmw and audi would start making the different models actually look different
From each other apart from the size difference .

From a distance the 3, 5 and , 7 series all look similar and the A4, A6 and even A8 look similar from a distance, designers are getting lazy but it works for them so doubt it will change.

Congrats on the new car, looks very nice in EB and have to say I do prefer the 3Dr over the 5Dr.:yes:

Hope you managed a good discount, did you take it on a PCP..

Really like them 1 series' so can't blame you from going to the darkside.

Just needs to be a bit lower and it'll look smart.

I respect the new 1'er in terms of it's dynamic capability, and I like every angle of the car other than face on. I've never learned to love it's droopy eyes or monumental nostrils, but then that's the BMW DNA rather than something bespoke to the 1 series.

Other than that love the colour, looks decent on the interior and a set of snow tyres should mean it's usable all year round.

Good choice, sounds like your enjoying it so sure it will deliver the thrills ongoing (and don't tell anyone I said this, but it probably drives better than an Audi too!!!)

Lol karma is playing Mario kart and throwing a banana and sliding on it your self.

Na, Karma is me quattroing past stuck BMWs in the snow ....giggling ... then finding myself going down 'hill **** first due to massive weight while front wheeled little corsas skim past

Reactions: TDI_TIM, Andy Crooks and Ron burgundy
Nice looking car! Better looking than my a3. The only thing stopping me from having a BMW is the fact it's rwd :(

XDrive now available on a lot of models.

Reactions: PaulAr and Ron burgundy
Snow/banana skins

Set of winter alloys with winter tyres and you're sorted. Been doing it for the last 3 years and not once had an issue with the 90 mile daily commute. This year didnt move to winter tyres as the weather didn't really merit it (famous last words!)

Don't get me wrong the S3 I drove for 2 years was absolutely awesome in the snow and with winter tyres it would have been even better.

Nice choice of engine and colour.

Personally I don't like the 1 Series shape (nearly bought one at launch) and prefer the 3 Series. In each case I still think the BMW offers the long distance driver the most comfort even with M Sport suspension over the equivalent Audi. When I say comfort I don't just mean ride but, the whole journey experience. BMW might be boring on the inside (and outside) but, everything seems to be in right place and getting a decent driving position seems a little easier.

Enjoy.

Oh and you might find the BMW customer experience a bit better than Audi as well. :laugh:

Reactions: PaulAr
Na, Karma is me quattroing past stuck BMWs in the snow ....giggling ... then finding myself going down 'hill **** first due to massive weight while front wheeled little corsas skim past

Quattroing! Ha have not heard that one... Quality.

Yeah I forgot about XDrive which gives 100% power to the front or rear if needed.

Last edited:
I`ve been running around on a work pool 118d MSport. EB with same wheels as yours etc., looks identical in fact.
Excellent little car.

Still prefer my 3er for size, twin turbo derv and AWD but have to admit the 1er is more `fun`.

Looks not to everyone`s taste but it has really grown on me. Come VERY close to getting a M135i.
Now that's something else!

Enjoy the new car.

(Don't forget a cheecky map, rude not to...)

Nice looking car! Better looking than my a3. The only thing stopping me from having a BMW is the fact it's rwd :(

Thanks, different driving style required for RWD can't boot it half way round a round-about and have manageable understeer just a heart in mouth moment!! Haha

Congrats on the new car, looks very nice in EB and have to say I do prefer the 3Dr over the 5Dr.:yes:
Hope you managed a good discount, did you take it on a PCP..

Cheers, couldn't quite stretch to the M135i like yours with the spec I wanted and blue maybe one day though.
Does anyone get a good deal on a car?? I even joked about that to the salesman saying we would never agree as I want it for as little as possible but he wants to make as much as he can..
Just payed for it all up front.

Nice choice of engine and colour.

Personally I don't like the 1 Series shape (nearly bought one at launch) and prefer the 3 Series. In each case I still think the BMW offers the long distance driver the most comfort even with M Sport suspension over the equivalent Audi. When I say comfort I don't just mean ride but, the whole journey experience. BMW might be boring on the inside (and outside) but, everything seems to be in right place and getting a decent driving position seems a little easier.

Enjoy.

Oh and you might find the BMW customer experience a bit better than Audi as well. :laugh:

Defiantly agree there on driver comfort, driving 550 miles home I was still felling fresh and it never felt like a drag, to be fair the roads kept me fairly on the ball, not what I was used to.
Yes already the customer service is better than Audi

I`ve been running around on a work pool 118d MSport. EB with same wheels as yours etc., looks identical in fact.
Excellent little car.
Still prefer my 3er for size, twin turbo derv and AWD but have to admit the 1er is more `fun`.
Looks not to everyone`s taste but it has really grown on me. Come VERY close to getting a M135i.
Now that's something else!
Enjoy the new car.
(Don't forget a cheecky map, rude not to...)

Nearly identical missing one exhaust pipe only reason I went for the 125i 2 pipes(small details)
Fun is an understatement still have a smile on my face every time I go out in it!

Don't tempt me was looking at all the M Performance parts to keep it BMW specific but only gets to 240bhp
Other tuners can map to 270...

Last edited: