LED DRL & morimoto 6500K HID Upgrade.

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank Trups for the great service I received from him and the excellent quality kit he supplied.
The LED DRL kit is so much better than the oem items I had fitted and the dual switching mode for sidelights is great.
Add to that the morimoto DS1 6500k HID's are fantastic, put the lot together and it is an excellent package, and not that costly either.
Nice straight forward swap over for the LED's , not quite as easy for the HID's doing the change with the bumper and headlamps still in place , but very doable , you just need very small hand and even smaller fingers with a large helping of patients and lashings of tea or coffee..lol

drivers side is not too bad , nearside is less than ideal, just a case of making as much room behind the headlamp housing to get the cover off and your hands in there, anway , it is doable and worth a struggle as it does save all that bumper and headlamp out fuffle.

few rubbish pics , but the improvement is clear and massive.

rob.

IMG 0707
IMG 0708
IMG 0709
Eer1
Eeer4

Reactions: Joeyenz, Rob Avant, GjrBartlett and 3 others
Looking excellent Rob. :) x

Need some night time shits pal and need to see them lighting a wall etc up.

Reactions: DieselJake and martin1984
you need to sort out your predictive text dani.....lol

Reactions: LostUlsterman and GjrBartlett
Rob I've switched from an iPhone 6 to an s8 and the auto correct is shocking. Doesn't help I've also got 1 eye on the kid watching her haha.

Ah right , so you are multi-tasking then....i'm still on an iPhone 5s dani and still haven't mastered it.

Ooh yes. All I seem to do these days.

Haha.

Site sponsor , EM Tuning , excellent service and products.

I’m liking this upgrade. My halogens aren’t great at all. Having tried various Osram & Philips bulbs this looks like a much better option. Will have to check out EM tuning

Well been out in the old bus this evening on some really dark and tricky roads , with the previous xenons they were ok but lacked something, maybe the colour was poor, anyway with the new items the roads are really lit up now and much better depth of field aswell, and the drl's are great, it all matches.

should have done it ages ago.

Reactions: Sandra
Well been out in the old bus this evening on some really dark and tricky roads , with the previous xenons they were ok but lacked something, maybe the colour was poor, anyway with the new items the roads are really lit up now and much better depth of field aswell, and the drl's are great, it all matches.

should have done it ages ago.

Hi Rob

I'm emailing EMTuning as I may be looking to get these and trying to put funds aside, as I do like to see the roads.
Did you have to install these yourself or did the Trup at EM Tuning do it for you?

You say your previous Xenons lacked something, were they less brighter? were the previous ones colour that bad?

Cheers AL