LED DRL's with OEM Xenon's

B-J-P

Reaction score
Anyone changed their OEM DRL's to LED's, I'm considering buying some as the current LED's are very yellow in contrast to the Xenon's, be interested to know how bright they are and if anyone had any issues. Any pics would be great. Cheers

You'll need to run resistors with them all you'll get a constant bulb out error.

If your going to do it, do it right.

You'll need to run resistors with them all you'll get a constant bulb out error.

If your going to do it, do it right.

Thought so, EM Tuning do a kit for £65, was going to go for that but wanted to see what they look like first if possible

Tbh it's a good kit they offer. If it was cheaper I'd have bought it but you can do a proper install like I have for a 1/3 of the price as ong as you can solder.

Haven't soldered since school :grimacing: so will probably just go for the ready made kit, don't want to melt anything !

Reactions: Dani_B19
Haha. There's your answer.

You can crimp the fittings but either way it requires a degree of cutting, wiring etc.

Reactions: B-J-P
My kits plug and play and error free.

To put brightness into perspective, I had a customer swap his 80w Cree eBay bulbs to mine which use 4 Cree LED’s and he said mine are much brighter, I have sold since Oct 2016 132 sets and so far only had 2 failed drivers and 9 drl cancellers to all which just get swapped without the need for any soldering.

Reactions: Dani_B19
Sounds good, I’ll put an order in tomorrow. Shall I place the order through your website or directly on here? Cheers

what's involved with this then, I have factory xenons and the sidelights/daytime lights which do look a bit naff being off white.
I would rather buy the ready to fit kit as I am not mr patient these days..lol

how do I order them chap, do you have a link to the said items.

cheers
rob

Also , what about the naff reversing lights which are standard fitting, any options for them ...

just about to order a kit, any discount for staff members....

Thinking I may as well get a new pair of xenon bulbs at the same time, after nearly 12 years of use they maybe less 100% now, any suggestions on which morimoto ones to get.

my wallets open for business but no one is responding .....but it may be not be open for much longer today.

My wallet's closed now , been out and used it on something else......

HAHA.

I work nearly 12 hours days and sometine 6 days a week here so having a sunday off with my 2 year old is well deserved.

Its all on the Site Rob, I replied to your PM this morning. Morimoto 6500k will match the DRL kit just nice.

Looks like it’s his business Rob so possibly not around on Sundays

Brad, I got your order but you included regular canbus plate lamps, they will bring an error up, there is a A4 specific kit for your car, did you not see that? that's whats needed to keep it happy.

Trups

Brad, I got your order but you included regular canbus plate lamps, they will bring an error up, there is a A4 specific kit for your car, did you not see that? that's whats needed to keep it happy.

Trups

Thanks Trups, Ah sorry I wasn’t sure which one to go for. Let me know what I need to do to pay for the extra items and I’ll make arrangements.

Cheers

Brad

Thanks Trups, Ah sorry I wasn’t sure which one to go for. Let me know what I need to do to pay for the extra items and I’ll make arrangements.

Cheers

Brad
if you order the A4 specific kit then I will refund you the postage from that and the £6 from the 1st order and that should have you all with the right parts.

I'm a tad comfused on the morimoto HID bulbs, what are the differences between the 4 and is there a preferred one for b7's...sorry to sound a bit dim but not really that clued up on the subject frankly.

all ordered Trups...I look forward to receiving them, oh and then fitting them....lol, worked out well really as my current xenon are the original fitments and have just started to flicker .....also output has decreased a fair bit too, will go nicely with the led DRL's

all ordered Trups...I look forward to receiving them, oh and then fitting them....lol, worked out well really as my current xenon are the original fitments and have just started to flicker .....also output has decreased a fair bit too, will go nicely with the led DRL's

What did you go for in the end Rob?

I went with trups recommendation, the Morimoto 6500k xenons and the DRL LED kit , should turn out nice , very tempted to give the headlamp glass a polish as they are starting to show a few marks, I need to look into that in case I mess them up..lol

Sounds good, be interested to see some photos when fitted, I might go for the same set up if they make a huge difference

Just been down to my TPS to pickup a new pair of bumper supports ready for the bumper off fitting session as I know my are not adjusting very well now.

Just received and fitted my new led drl’s and number plate led’s, they look spot on!

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Didn't do a before and after but the LED's are 100% improvement.

A4 light 2

Led’s and Xenon’s together, good match but could probably do with upgrading my bulbs

B2C5C57B 4CC4 4642 9C62 19B2707BFD76

Not at all, took me 5 mins max, literally just plug them in and tuck all the wiring into the housing

that's good then, I don't think the xenons swap I'm doing is going to be quite that straight forward unless I take the bumper off.

Yes it looks a bit tricky, there’s some good guides about though, ‘Nicks car blog’ seems to be a good one

Can anyone tell me where the wiring goes for the LED number plate lights, I've fitted the LED's but couldn't see any obvious wiring where I could connect the loom supplied with the lights?

received both my Ds1's and drl kits today , so big thanks to Trups for a great service.
just need to get them fitted along with all the other jobs on the car.