LED Fog Bulbs???

Speak to trups (User t8ups) he will advise you. ) x

In fog the last thing you want is a white light as the light will just scatter back at you, yellow is the best colour for fog.

Modern fog light housings are designed to project a flat beam, and seeing how they're low to the road on every car except some Mercedes ..scattered light shouldn't be an issue.

Sandra I'll pm t8ups for his advice immediately. Thanks.

I've now binned the idea of LED fogs and today received my ultra white halogens from t8ups ...just need to get outside to fit them now. :salute:

I've ordered a set aswel mate also ice white dip and main bulbs aswell let us know what they are like and also how hard they are to change

Fitted the bulbs tonight, T8ups' s on the left, Ring Xenonmax on the right! The Ring bulb is brighter, but it's slightly yellow! I've yet to align them. ...opinions? Is t8ups' too blue?? they're bluer than my LED's & make my nice white Xenons seem yellow. :(

Blue Yellow Fog Light

Here' a quick how to with pics for changing fog bulbs:

1. Remove the surround, just grip the inboard part of the blades as indicated below & give it a sharp tug toward you! The tab (circled) on the left side should be last part out & first part in when refitting.

Fog Surround

2. Remove 2x screws (circled), rotate empty bracket from behind housing at white arrow below

Fog removal fitting

3. Press clip into plug and wiggle free of bulb! unit is now free!

4. rotate bulb housing 45o anti-clockwise and carefully withdraw from lens housing.

Bulb Clip

refitting is the reverse! once the surrounds are properly aligned, they need a short sharp bang with the palm of your hand to get them to click back into place correctly. Remember the tab on the left (Pic 2) goes in first.

It took around 20 minutes in all, and I had to feel for a couple of the screws as it was dark outside. :thumbsup:

Looking good.

It is tricky getting everything to match colourwise, but it's pretty close. If you were being picky you could argue they were too blue, but not necessarily enough to stop it looking OEM :)

They look great mate and a good right up on how to install thanks

Fitted the bulbs tonight, T8ups' s on the left, Ring Xenonmax on the right! The Ring bulb is brighter, but it's slightly yellow! I've yet to align them. ...opinions? Is t8ups' too blue?? they're bluer than my LED's & make my nice white Xenons seem yellow. :(

View attachment 9305

Here' a quick how to with pics for changing fog bulbs:

1. Remove the surround, just grip the inboard part of the blades as indicated below & give it a sharp tug toward you! The tab (circled) on the left side should be last part out & first part in when refitting.

View attachment 9306

2. Remove 2x screws (circled), rotate empty bracket from behind housing at white arrow below

View attachment 9307

3. Press clip into plug and wiggle free of bulb! unit is now free!

4. rotate bulb housing 45o anti-clockwise and carefully withdraw from lens housing.

View attachment 9308

refitting is the reverse! once the surrounds are properly aligned, they need a short sharp bang with the palm of your hand to get them to click back into place correctly. Remember the tab on the left (Pic 2) goes in first.

It took around 20 minutes in all, and I had to feel for a couple of the screws as it was dark outside. :thumbsup:

cheers buddy was looking for this guide for a while :thumbsup: