LED front indicator bulbs ,easy change? Facelift S3

Ollie2014

Reaction score
How easy is it to change to LED indicator bulbs on front headlights ? has anyone done this without headlight removal?
Pics or a video would be greatly appreciated.

Sorted now but what a P.I.T.A the nearside one was my knuckles are raw.

Haven't had to change an indicator in my facelift xenons but if they're anything like the main d3s bulb it more handier removing the bumper and taking the headlight out.

Hi Darren I removed the arch liner to find I still couldn't get to the bulb easy,I actually did it from the top but it is a tight sqeeze.The offside seemed a lot easier but required a good grip.Whoever designed these lights must be quite sadistic.

Wanted to ask how hard is it to do.

I have just got some LED bulbs from T8ups which need fitting.

Hi Raff if you have a handbook it is in there I couldn't find mine at first so asked on here but no one replied looked through the forum and someone mentioned removing the arch liner,what a waste of time as you still can't get your hand in.Anyway once I found my handbook the instructions are in there but it is a tight squeeze but with a bit of persuasion they are easy.Also if I may add they are only a small mod but look good as the orange bulb has now gone and the flash is a lot better.

What ones did you get that dont show amber untill they flash?

Hi Raff if you have a handbook it is in there I couldn't find mine at first so asked on here but no one replied looked through the forum and someone mentioned removing the arch liner,what a waste of time as you still can't get your hand in.Anyway once I found my handbook the instructions are in there but it is a tight squeeze but with a bit of persuasion they are easy.Also if I may add they are only a small mod but look good as the orange bulb has now gone and the flash is a lot better.

Ollie thanks for the reply.

I do have a handbook and I will look through it and to give it a go tomorrow.

still on with building some sequential/sweeping switchbacks for the rear . suppliers are really slow to respond though ,going to make the reverse light and the indicator sequential . then switchback to white in reverse
have used leds in rear before but after 2010 the problem ***** with bulb warning errors even with load resistors . plus the fact the rear ones are hidden and the led bulbs dont produce enough light lumens in bright sunlight ,

New to the forum bought a s3 8p sportback 6 months ago in Royal Spirit Blue

Ive changed the indicators front & back, front was fiddly end up with sore knuckles rear was easy all I recommend for the rear is tape out round lights housing on body easy on removal of rear lights to chip paintwork!

IMG 1222 IMG 1218

New to the forum bought a s3 8p sportback 6 months ago in Royal Spirit Blue

Ive changed the indicators front & back, front was fiddly end up with sore knuckles rear was easy all I recommend for the rear is tape out round lights housing on body easy on removal of rear lights to chip paintwork!

View attachment 99529 View attachment 99528

Nice car and good job.

I've still not got around to do mine. Will hopefully get them done this weekend.

For the rears did you get bulb out warning?

Nice car and good job.

I've still not got around to do mine. Will hopefully get them done this weekend.

For the rears did you get bulb out warning?

I didnt get any bulb out warings been in about 3 months now.

Just changed my front ones. What a pain in the **** to do. Passenger side took a minute but I was fighting with the drives side one for half hour lol. Thanks to @t8ups for the bulbs. Never disappoints.

Reactions: t8ups