LED Number plate bulbs

Yep, they're brilliant. I got these after being disappointed with the cheaper LED replacement bulbs, mine didn't fit very well. But these are whole replacement units and fit really nice, give a lovely bright white light and no dash errors either. Spot on.

Dectane sell a similar unit I think.

Given that a lot of people need to destroy the old lense to get it out, and they're £8 each then these don't look so expensive.

How do they get wired in? Simply plug in, or splice wires?

Well i went to replace a bulb and noticed that the screws were shafted. So im going to have to buy new screws and mybe even the light suround?

I'd have thought you could probably get away without replacing the whole light surround, even if your screws are done.

Drilling the knackered screws out will probably be quite difficult as it's an awkward angle, may have to destroy the old lenses to get a grip on the screws with some pliers or similar. Those new LED units come with new lenses attached so I reckon it's worth a try.

i Have similar fitted to mine, check out my Avant progress thread to see what they look like on, mine are 18 led too, prob the same ones just a different seller.

I got these. pretty much the same but slightly cheaper. they look good and I had a slight issue with one screw starting to round off but managed OK. one thing to note with the pair I bought is the head of the OEM machine screws didn't fit into the recess (counter-sunk area) so I just took a drill bit (think it was 8mm) and turned it by hand to open the holes up slightly.
There are 2 metal prongs on the back of the light units and they should touch two corresponding metal contacts within the surround. One of mine worked perfectly and the other I had to bend the prongs back slightly but they're both shining nicely now.
My original bulb holders had basically fallen apart inside and as James said 16 quid for OEM holders plus bulbs isn't far off the price of a pair of these.