LED number plate light kit

AudidriverA4

Reaction score
Sorry for the slight hi-jack but when fitting the above copper plates the bulb has to contact does anyone else seem to have a nightmare trying to get theres to touch / Work.

Both of mine are currently not working and despite a good bit fiddeling with them last night i cant get them to light up.
am i missing a trick or something here?.

got a multimeter so over the weekend i can check there is def voltage traveling over the contacts.

Led bulbs usually only work one way around, have you tried them the other way around?

yeah reversed them both and no luck after that.
they were working (with intermitant error on DIS) but now can get power through them at all.

really hope not, guess multimeter in the morning will anwser that. ( heres hopeing)
fingers crossed my lights arrive in the post tomorrow as well.

AUDI Rear Number Plate Light Lamps XENON WHITE LED UNIT No Canbus Error 6000K | eBay

Looks the business

Has anyone on here installed this kit?

They are quite expensive are they worth it?

Also the screws that hold on the number plate lights are well rounded on my car :(

Does anyone know the name or size or even better a link to the allen socket head bolts that can be used hold on the number plate lights?

I have these fitted in my Avant and they fit, look and work a treat. On the screw bit I would like to know the answer too as I want to replace mine.

I have these fitted in my Avant and they fit, look and work a treat. On the screw bit I would like to know the answer too as I want to replace mine.

Thanks greeny :thumbsup:

Any chance you could put up a pic of what they are like at night time?

do they light up the ground around them as well?

AUDI Rear Number Plate Light Lamps XENON WHITE LED UNIT No Canbus Error 6000K | eBay

Looks the business

Has anyone on here installed this kit?

They are quite expensive are they worth it?

Also the screws that hold on the number plate lights are well rounded on my car :(

Does anyone know the name or size or even better a link to the allen socket head bolts that can be used hold on the number plate lights?
I have the exact same kit fitted to my A3 worked first time no messing around just unscrewed the other bulb holder pushed this one in. Screwed it back up and worked first time :)

They do light up the floor, almost usable as reversing lights at night, lol and if you open the boot with the lights on make sure you are wearing sun glasses :eek:D

c26a7746dc325f5f6858871c4143da3c.jpg

9decf889cfc443ff8695b43e658e631e.jpg

and by day

69f4dc6fb223da10148f05f9e4720f4e.jpg

Greeny have you got Full DIS and if so do you get the annoying bulb out warnings?.
If not have you fitted resistors or do these just work without errors?.

Greeny have you got Full DIS and if so do you get the annoying bulb out warnings?.
If not have you fitted resistors or do these just work without errors?.

I have full DIS and I get no warnings at all from them. For me the hardest job was getting to the awkward little screws, pretty much fit and forget.

I have full DIS and I get no warnings at all from them. For me the hardest job was getting to the awkward little screws, pretty much fit and forget.
Sweet, just what i was hopeing to hear.
fingers crossed i get mine working tonight if the rain will just f***-off for a bit.

**EDIT**
Just fitted mine and can confirm these do infact work on cars with full DIS and do NOT throw up any errors.
Will confirm through that if you leave your sidelights on and try open the boot prepare to be blinded.

Last edited: