LED rear lights..

Mikey170

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has any pictures of an a3 with LED after market rear lights fitted? preferably on a 3 door.

Cheers :respekt:

Dont think many people on the forum has after market rear lights. I have photo's of the 09 face lift ones if that helps?

I got stuck behind a 3 door 09 A3 today & must admit I do like the new lights & rear bumper with grey diffuser bit. The only complaint is the indicators look a lot smaller.

Another couple of mods to the list...

Go OEM, all aftermarket lights are crap.

To each their own, I like em...

A32.jpg

NewTL2.jpg

P2020303.jpg

Last edited:
MY09 lights definately - far superior to any aftermarket rear light out there and totally transform the rear of any pre-2008 A3/S3!

I put mine on my new S3 last week and the transformation was great looking!

I just fitted these on my car:

I have 5 doors but... I have ordered them from Kufatec. They also have something for 3 doors but not LED. They have regular light bulbs but I think they look very good.
Here is how they look on a friend's car:

MY09 lights definately - far superior to any aftermarket rear light out there and totally transform the rear of any pre-2008 A3/S3!

I put mine on my new S3 last week and the transformation was great looking!

you got any pics mate? and are they a straight swap?

One more thing, the lights in my pics are OEM. Those on the 5 doors car need a recoding after fitting and also some adapters. If you order them on Kufatec you'll see that they offer the adapters also. The ones on the 3 doors car because are not LED do not need any recoding.

If your getting any rear lights should be the 09 ones. As already said they do transform the back of your car and look so much better than the older ones. And as Boydie said its quick job about 10minutes. Just unscrew/unplug the old ones and fit the new ones :)
Here some photo's of mine
SDC10813-1.jpg

SDC10886-1.jpg

SDC10885-1.jpg

SDC10901-2-1.jpg

Oh and watch you do not drop the rear light screw cover which is loosely attached to the trim!! It will fall inbehind the trim and you will have to start to strip your boot :( I dropped one in the S3!

Oh and watch you do not drop the rear light screw cover which is loosely attached to the trim!! It will fall inbehind the trim and you will have to start to strip your boot :( I dropped one in the S3!

Thanks for reminding me that mine is in that exact place!!!
Oh well, back to sleepless nights again!! :blink:

Worse thing is.... I was only removing my rear light so I could change a reverse bulb because someone said that one of them wasn't working!!!!!

Yeah I know..... please don't say it!!! :banghead:

haha nightmare - I didnt have any covers in the A3 so it annoys me more now that 1 is missing in the depths of the boot!! wont be hard to get at but just annoying that trim will have to be removed!

Also...love the avatar mikey170 :)

So apart from ebay and audi, is there anywhere else I can get hold of those MY09 3door rear lights?? Liking them a lot.

What's the ball park figure for these??

£150 from a dealer

Check ebay.de - you might be lucky!

Dealer price is cheaper than Kufatec then?!

Had a quick look on ebay.de, my german isn't so good though :blink:
Saw some for sale, but haven't got a clue what else the item description was on about!

i just got mine from the dealer for sportback then got the looms off kufatec i dont even know why they sell lights dearer than the stealers freeeeeeks making money off people who dont know...

When i went up the dealer to get a price was told £120. Came back the next day went to order them i confirmed price with another parts person and then he said they were £160!!! In the end a got mine off a member on here for £90 :)
I think Staz use's a good translator. See if i can find the link

Last edited:
Here in RO the dealers are always trying to rip us off. I bought mine from kufatec for 297E +71E shipping and still came cheaper!

boydie your old a3 is fcuking sexual mate, love the BBS rims on it...

prob go for the 09 reg rear lights, seem to work well with the a3 and the LED one's look a bit chavvy for me tbh. trying to keep the car simple!!

as for the avatar, you can see the ***...i get to see the rest everyday :eyebrows::eyebrows:

prob go for the 09 reg rear lights, seem to work well with the a3 and the LED one's look a bit chavvy for me tbh. trying to keep the car simple!!

Non OEM tail lights clusters have never been very popular on here. Not sure why exactly. It may be because every Saxo/MG ZR in Britain has non OEM lights making it a bit chavvy. The A3 is just a bit too good for that. No offense to Davidd003 of course, as he says, each to their own.

For me I just don't think any of the ones available are good enough. If someone made some that kept with a similar design but had LEDs to form the tail light rectangle I'd have bought them ages ago.

It may be because every Saxo/MG ZR in Britain has non OEM lights making it a bit chavvy.

Suprisingly the MGZR had lexus style lights a factory option and the 05 ones evern got them as standard!!!!

Saxos, Well they are the original chav chariot!

I dont like any of the aftermarket ones for the A3, like you say, it just nto suited to ebing chavved up.

I knew I would cop some stick on here for posting the pics, but hey, I answered the request for Aftermarket LED taillight.

What people do to their cars is a very individual taste, or as pointed lack of.....Rememer the only person who has to like the car is the one driving it.

And you lot have it easy, very easy access to all sorts of parts at reasonable prices. The market is small in AUS and the prices reflect this.

By the way being 3000 miles away...no offense taken:moa:

The A6 is untouched, except for the TTS sterring wheel

A6.jpg

Last edited:
Worse thing is.... I was only removing my rear light so I could change a reverse bulb because someone said that one of them wasn't working!!!!!

there is only one reverse light, mate :) - fog light on the other side...

(unless the rear fog isn't standard:blush:)

there is only one reverse light, mate :) - fog light on the other side...

(unless the rear fog isn't standard:blush:)

I know!!!
That's why I was even more pee'd off about loosing the screw cap!

Trying to fix something that doesn't need fixing, or more to the point - doesn't even exist, is pretty annoying!! :keule:

So I was saying.........those lights and wheels go hand in hand together....:puke2:

Show me yours...Diesel, does it do 0-100(62Mph) in 6.2 or the quarter in 14.7....Mine does!!

And then it could be argued that wacking a S3 front on a diesel is, well, sort of pretend!!

And please don't take offense I actually looked into doing the same to mine....but though better of it:laugh:

As I said, we all DO WHAT WE LIKE...I wanted to be a bit different, I am a member of Club Audi Victoria, some like, some dont, But I LIKE.

Oh by the way I did not put my car up for opinions, it was as asked for Aftermarket taillights...I know posting pics will draw opinions and you all are welcome to rip my car to shreads. and I know you all will. Somewhere amongst the millions there will be a few who actually like what I have done, and thats the funny thing:o.k:

Cheers

David

So I was saying.........those lights and wheels go hand in hand together....:puke2:

Slightly harsh there mate.

I'd put slagging off the look of someone's car in a similar bracket as calling their missus ugly!
In fact, we're probably more sensitive to comments made about our car's looks than our missus's!! :sob:

So essentially you've just said the love of his life has a crap a*se and ***** legs!!! :no: :)

Slightly harsh there mate.

I'd put slagging off the look of someone's car in a similar bracket as calling their missus ugly!
In fact, we're probably more sensitive to comments made about our car's looks than our missus's!! :sob:

So essentially you've just said the love of his life has a crap a*se and ***** legs!!! :no: :)

Thanks Mate:rock: