Led sidelights - no resistors

Playsatan

Reaction score
I've read various threads about what required. To he honest it all looked like a bit of a faf so I decided to try some ebay bulbs with built in resistors but none of them worked. They'd blink a few times before the warning came on and the car switched them off.

With this in mind I was sceptical when I read a description of some bulbs that were compatable with the B7 canbus. I decided to give the guy a call rather than place an order online so I could check the description was accurate. The guy (James) assured me they would be fine if I bought the 8 led version as they drawn slightly more current. He said I could have a refund if they never worked so I thought what the heck.

First off, there not what I would consider cheap. I guess if you had topay for resistors, wires, scotch locks etc its not that bad but next to other leds they're pricey

Next problem was they don't fit out of the packet. They're too wide and need to be filed a little first

From this

599727df.jpg

to this

b856323a.jpg

As with all leds they have to go in the right way round or they won't work

As you can see,no wiring changes at all.

17f5c201.jpg

And the results....

677ff25c.jpg

b9d84265.jpg

Sorry about the crap phone pics, can get better ones if required.

So what about the dash warning? Nope, all clear. Now I've only had them in a couple of hours so may have to post up in a few days to confirm they're still ok.

If anyones is interested here's the link to them, I'm not affiliated to the seller at all.

WHITE CANBUS ERROR FREE 501/W5W/T10/194 SMD LED Sidelight bulbs

If anyone has any questions stick them up.

Just an update to confirm that after a few days of use the dash warning has not come on so I'm a happy camper.

Just need to get the drl's done now and then maybe the rears.

I've just done mine too. They look loads better..

Jealous of your xenons!!