Levelling Sensor?

1FHW

Reaction score
I’ve got an issue with my suspension throwing a fault, I’ve been underneath and noted that this green plastic part has snapped on the rear passenger side.
Am I right in saying that this is the rear levelling sensor?
BD3182D4 542B 486A 8851 37E78DC3AF9B

I am aware that the link is not attached in this photo btw!

Yes, that's one of the links that controls the ride height setting.
It looks like the sensor its self is ok, but the rod/ball joint that the green sensor is connected to has broken. I'm not sure if you have to purchase the whole part, or if just the black OEM connector bar is available. This is the part that people swap out if they want to lower the air suspension using lowering links...

Last edited:
Reactions: TheStigOnline
You could probably repair that tbh, remove both parts, drill hole in the ball part, use a threaded head & bond into both with say topfix resin, leave for 2 days to go rock hard, tbh takes minutes, but I'd leave for longer given its location.

I’ve got an issue with my suspension throwing a fault, I’ve been underneath and noted that this green plastic part has snapped on the rear passenger side.
Am I right in saying that this is the rear levelling sensor?
View attachment 239788

I've had so much fun with these sensors in the past and that usually happens from a build up of dirt/debris inside the ball joints of the black link arms that causes a lack of movement

So, once they can't rotate as designed they and/or the green level arms eventually break, a preventive measure is to clean out the ball joins before that happens then check the physical movement afterwards from time to time

Of course, once already broken its repair or replacement time really

Yes, that's one of the links that controls the ride height setting.
It looks like the sensor its self is ok, but the rod/ball joint that the green sensor is connected to has broken. I'm not sure if you have to purchase the whole part, or if just the black OEM connector bar is available. This is the part that people swap out if they want to lower the air suspension using lowering links...

Last time I checked they weren't available separately as new, only from certain breakers as used/salvaged in various condition

What I done was bought a load of the complete sensor units from Ali Express and pillage the parts as needed

Can pick up a new full set delivered for about the same as one OEM sensor these days

Reactions: RAF_S7
Last time I checked they weren't available separately as new, only from certain breakers as used/salvaged in various condition

What I done was bought a load of the complete sensor units from Ali Express and pillage the parts as needed

Can pick up a new full set delivered for about the same as one OEM sensor these days
Glad you managed to get it sorted :thumbs up: