LIGHT BULBS

Zenitram

Reaction score
Website
www.albertoart.com
Has anyone replaced the turn signal light bulbs on a 2006 A3? I'm talking about the ones next to the headlights. I can't seem to figure out how to get to them. Do I have to take out the whole headlamp?

According to my copy of the Electronic Workshop manual it is rather a strange proceedure to change a bulb....

Switch off ignition and remove ignition key.
Remove appropriate front wheel.
Remove relevant front wheel housing liner
Turn holder anti-clockwise and pull out of housing.
Screw bulb out of bulb holder.
Insert new bulb and re-assemble.

The ETKA parts listing lists long-life bulbs in the indicators for all models. Perhaps it's a good thing if you have to take the wheel off and remove the wheel arch lining to get at the bulb holders !

It does sound like a lot of work. I wanted to install the silverstars that look clear when they are off and the regular amber when you turn them on, but it looks like it's a lot of work for a little vanity detail.

[ QUOTE ]
It does sound like a lot of work. I wanted to install the silverstars that look clear when they are off and the regular amber when you turn them on, but it looks like it's a lot of work for a little vanity detail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Start with the rear ones, they are easier..

OK, I got it done, you don't actually need to remove the tires. If you are working on the left side, you just need to turn the wheels all the way to the right and vice versa. This gives you access to two screws you need to remove, then you pull on the panel and the lights are right there.