Light bulbs

phantom

On Boost
Reaction score
Has anybody with a S3 changed the bulbs in the day time running lights? any pictures?

The ones that are in are a bit " egg yolk " yellow , i would like something a bit more XENON if poss!

Can anybody recommend some? i don't want to spend crazy money!

Thanks

p

bowfer said:
What daytime running lights?

The lights that are always on ( even in the day ) there not the NEW style daytime running lights if thats what you meen!

p

phantom said:
The lights that are always on ( even in the day ) there not the NEW style daytime running lights if thats what you meen!

p

Ah, so they're just the normal headlights then.
I've got Halfords 50% extra bulbs in mine (BOGOF).
They're as good as the Osrams I had before, and cheaper.
They'll only make the lights brighter though, they won't help the abrupt cut-off on dip.
You need to adjust the lights for that (little white wheels on top of lights).

What daytime running lights?

New A3s fitted with Bi-Xenon headlights have a 21w bulb fitted in the unit on the inside of the main headlamps for use as Daytime Running Lights.

I think you've mentioned in past posts about visiting the Czech Republic this summer. I think you will find that DRLs are required by law in that country and a number of others in Europe including Austria. It is also currently a Government recommendation that they be used at all times in France, Holland and Germany. If your new Alpina is not fitted with them you will need to drive on dipped headlights at all times in those countries.