Lightning had her first service.

Mr_Freeze

Reaction score
So I took lightning in for her 1st service Monday.

They informed me I needed two updates for her.

The Haldex update and the drivers side front inner arch.

Not had time yet to assess any noticeable changes.

how many miles covered? and what did it set you back out of curiosity.....

cheers

Kev

Mine has started counting down to the 2nd service, only 110 days to go.
Then it's the lottery of finding a good dealer to take it to :think:

Reactions: Moschops and Kelza
Just under 9000 miles and it was free thanks to the letter Audi uk sent out following my brake claim.

Blimey! Neil, I do hope kilojade doesn't read this: a 47i6 brake upgrade AND a FREE service for the aggro (same for me and others too) :whistle2:

Reactions: Kelza, voorhees, Mr_Freeze and 3 others
After getting the brake upgrade, dodgy Conti sport tyres and hideous wind noise from my drivers window, I am demanding the same.

Audi / Continental have had my dodgy summer tyres for almost 5 months now.....

To be fair the CRM I am dealing with Vinshal @ Audi UK, has been very good at keeping me informed about progress.

Just annoys me that I buy a new car out the box and have been back to the dealership now 8 times, in less than a year.

Hardly what you would call 'happy motoring'....

Reactions: Moschops
After getting the brake upgrade, dodgy Conti sport tyres and hideous wind noise from my drivers window, I am demanding the same.

Audi / Continental have had my dodgy summer tyres for almost 5 months now.....

To be fair the CRM I am dealing with Vinshal @ Audi UK, has been very good at keeping me informed about progress.

Just annoys me that I buy a new car out the box and have been back to the dealership now 8 times, in less than a year.

Hardly what you would call 'happy motoring'....

Vinshal at Audi UK is as about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike, the blokes a complete clown!!!:jester: He closed my case re the sqealing brakes and told me I had to take to the dealers, in which I'd already done..he then had to re-open it and it was then escalated out of his clumsy hands :asskicking:....the rest is history....anyway back on topic.

Veneeringman...take it to either Stoke or Stafford Audi if not to far away from you, both have good recommendations from John and myself.

Neil that was a nice a bonus then...free service ... :yahoo:

Reactions: KKM, Mr_Freeze and 45bvtc
Just under 9000 miles and it was free thanks to the letter Audi uk sent out following my brake claim.

Mine goes in in a fortnight for its first service ... but no such luck here regarding it being free :shrug:

I never got a letter .. just a follow up phone call to make sure I was happy with the new brakes.

Mine goes in in a fortnight for its first service ... but no such luck here regarding it being free :shrug:

I never got a letter .. just a follow up phone call to make sure I was happy with the new brakes.

To be fair Jon I did have to ask! And did so nicely using the excuse that others who have had problems with their RS3 (and other Audis too) had been afforded a FREE service.

In my case, I haven't had a single problem with my RS3 other than brake squeal, and as you know I had that well under control, however, I was persuaded by Martin Sander that I should have the later parts fitted, and as posted elsewhere he gave me chapter and verse on the upgrade. So, when arranging the 47i6 upgrade with Audi UK I asked for a FREE service for "all the hassle I'd had" and that was provided.

Thank you Audi UK

thankyou-thank-you-thanks-ty-smiley-emoticon-000280-large-1qslyrz_zpsc9f4a37e.gif

Reactions: Moschops and DAYTONA 500
I was offered a free service as well - probably due to the amount of phone calls an moaning I did due to the length of time I was driving an RS3 that sounded like a 20 year old taxi when stopping in traffic! However I recieved no folow up letter or phone call - they may well have been sick of me by then though :)

Reactions: Moschops and 45bvtc
To be fair Jon I did have to ask! And did so nicely using the excuse that others who have had problems with their RS3 (and other Audis too) had been afforded a FREE service.

In my case, I haven't had a single problem with my RS3 other than brake squeal, and as you know I had that well under control, however, I was persuaded by Martin Sander that I should have the later parts fitted, and as posted elsewhere he gave me chapter and verse on the upgrade. So, when arranging the 47i6 upgrade with Audi UK I asked for a FREE service for "all the hassle I'd had" and that was provided.

Thank you Audi UK

thankyou-thank-you-thanks-ty-smiley-emoticon-000280-large-1qslyrz_zpsc9f4a37e.gif

I didnt get a free service :( I had to put up with an RS6 for a week :p

I've just got 1 free place on our RS experience on the 28th May (this was for the poor Stockport experience and the recent fuel pump issue)

At first they offered £150 vouchers which I refused, they rang back later in the day and offered the RS place.
:kissmyrings:

Time to get up now as it's early morning here in NYC !!