Lights Cracking

meoldyucca

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've got a 2017 a3 and the warranty expired last august. Recently I've become aware of cracking in the rear lights, but only in the plastic which is part of the body, not the boot (hope that makes sense). I will post some pics below and hopefully you can see the cracks.

Im looking for some opinions as to how to go about this as the car is now out of warranty. The cracking is on both rear lights and the car has had 0 impacts.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers,

Waz

Attachments

• IMG_3378.jpeg
    IMG_3378.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 384
  • IMG_3374.jpeg
    IMG_3374.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 336
If you’re worried, a rear light isn’t too expensive on eBay to replace, Easy to remove and fit. However it shouldnt have any impact performance etc if you leave it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether you were out of warranty or not Audi will not warrant that. They will assume there’s been some form of impact. It was difficult enough to get a warranty fix for a leaking seal on my a6 tail lights.
As long as it’s not letting in water I would just live with it. As soon as moisture appears I would get them replaced before it fries some electronic gizmo.

Hi Guys,

I've got a 2017 a3 and the warranty expired last august. Recently I've become aware of cracking in the rear lights, but only in the plastic which is part of the body, not the boot (hope that makes sense). I will post some pics below and hopefully you can see the cracks.

Im looking for some opinions as to how to go about this as the car is now out of warranty. The cracking is on both rear lights and the car has had 0 impacts.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers,

Waz
I’ve noticed the same on my 18 month old S3. It’s been to Wolverhampton Audi all day and they are replacing both rear lights and the ones that go into the boot lid. They say they have never seen anything like it before but are sorting it

I’ve noticed the same on my 18 month old S3. It’s been to Wolverhampton Audi all day and they are replacing both rear lights and the ones that go into the boot lid. They say they have never seen anything like it before but are sorting it
38086499 3DE6 4935 B939 3173C4914A1A
F561E6B9 3993 4480 A1F3 78A00A7F16E1
6A1BD0C0 26DA 43AE A570 08E642932A00

I noticed this starting on my PFL, think it started when I moved house and the rears were in the Sun more on the driveway. they dont seem to like too much direct sunlight

I have the exact same thing on my MY18 Sportback. It’s only happened to the offside lenses at the moment, but I’m expecting it to get worse looking at these photos.

I got on my 2015 PFL sportback also i think is from the Sun

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk