Lights to come on when un-locking car

mandy9988

Reaction score
Ive just recently brought my A4 and was wondering if i can get my lights to come on when i un-lock and lock the car?

:faint:

Welcome to the site.

You're referring to coming/leaving home, do you have the dials for this next to the headlight switch that turn this on/off?

If not then it could be retrofitted no doubt, but at a cost of course.

Welcome to the site, what year is your car, as I believe this is only available on the later cars, it wasnt possible on the earlier A4's unless a lot of manual work went into it.

Yes I assumed it was a newer version A4 B6-B7 01 onwards which would allow this if retrofitted, B5 I'm not sure it was an option, wasnt on my S3 8L which was same years as B5, but was on my S4 B6 for sure.

Interior lights or exterior lights might be a pertinant question.... lol

Ive just recently brought my A4 and was wondering if i can get my lights to come on when i un-lock and lock the car?
I keep dropping my lipstick and can't see it down the side of my seat.
:faint:

Look closely Nige, I think we may have missed the bit at the end the first read....

LOL...what a friendly bunch we are ;)

Damn these mods have starting using invisible ink on these threads now, lol

Mandy ignore us, we're just having a play, please do advise the info requested.

Don't call me Sherlock, but...if you click on the op's 'garage'....it says 2003 a4....therfor, the interior lights will come on as standard, thus it must be the exterior light to which he/she is referring:)

Ryan

Yeap so post 2 was spot on, blows on his nails & rubs on tshirt, lmao

Didnt realise the garage was a serious feature :jester:

Don't call me Sherlock, but...if you click on the op's 'garage'....it says 2003 a4....therfor, the interior lights will come on as standard, thus it must be the exterior light to which he/she is referring:)

Ryan

Yo, Sherlock.
I think even these:
mk2-rf.jpg

had automatic interior lights, but if the bulb is gone, it becomes dark.

The irony of it all.....

pmsl early in the morning.

You guys are no help :think:

Im talking about the side lights / fog lights coming on when you un-lock the car, not the interior light.

Its a 53 reg so what B? is that?

Last edited:
Uh Mandy, the 2nd post by me after your request was exactly the reply you needed, yours is a B6 as was mine, so I was correct, so do you have any dials next to the headlight switch & this is CH/LH feature, check post 2 again before replying please, although we were having a joke the info supplied was spot on.