Limp Mode-DPF/Engine management/Glow plug lights

Gp121

Reaction score
I've recently bought an Audi A3 2.0CR 140bhp 2010 and a few weeks after purchasing it I realised there was an EGR valve missing! they previously removed the DPF but then it failed MOT so they put up a second hand DPF and I knew about this as they mentioned it at the sale of the car.

The DPF light came on a couple days ago which it has done before and then after a motorway run it went out before. This time it didn't go out for a couple days and this morning the dreaded limp mode came on along with glow plug light flashing and engine management light on. Also DPF light still on in the middle on dash.
This has happened before and it came up on diagnostic with:
8194-P2458 - diesel particulate regeneration duration

I've had a few a3's now and i've noticed the DPF light on this one is a lot more frequent. The non existent EGR valve must play a part in this.

Has anyone else had this issue with this before?
what mapping do these companies use when modifying these engine components? (DPF/EGR removal)

I've recently bought an Audi A3 2.0CR 140bhp 2010 and a few weeks after purchasing it I realised there was an EGR valve missing! they previously removed the DPF but then it failed MOT so they put up a second hand DPF and I knew about this as they mentioned it at the sale of the car.

The DPF light came on a couple days ago which it has done before and then after a motorway run it went out before. This time it didn't go out for a couple days and this morning the dreaded limp mode came on along with glow plug light flashing and engine management light on. Also DPF light still on in the middle on dash.
This has happened before and it came up on diagnostic with:
8194-P2458 - diesel particulate regeneration duration

I've had a few a3's now and i've noticed the DPF light on this one is a lot more frequent. The non existent EGR valve must play a part in this.

Has anyone else had this issue with this before?
what mapping do these companies use when modifying these engine components? (DPF/EGR removal)
My understanding was the egr being deleted or off was better for the dpf? I'd like to know the answer too as I was going to get mine deleted and then remapped.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk