List of unavailable options, US wants to know what will be left by the time they get released.

Frosty1

Reaction score
Can we start a list of options that are unavailable due to supply chain and microchip shortages? Is TPMS deleted from ALL cars? This is one option that I feel makes the RS cars unique.

Wireless phone charging although available on launch edition

TPMS although available on launch edition

360 camera removed from all cars

and the obvious one, no interior design pack for the UK

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Frosty1
This is all true but I’m not aware of any features being deleted in Europe.

That’s not to say that they haven’t as everyone here is pretty much based in English language countries but I haven’t seen one international post online anywhere complaining about lack or removal of options outside the U.K. where the car is available.

Reactions: DangerMouseUK and Frosty1

Can have 360 in europe

Reactions: Frosty1

Are massaging seats a thing in the RS3? I thought I saw somewhere that they were also deleted but I didn’t think they were equipped.

Are massaging seats a thing in the RS3? I thought I saw somewhere that they were also deleted but I didn’t think they were equipped.
I believe you can have them but again not in the UK. I think that is however far less common if I am correct (it does show them in the manual).

options that have been deleted because of chip shortages in the UK are small potatoes in comparison to what options the LE and Vorsprung models have....as for options in other continent's it will be same across the board but you'll get design packs ....if the deletion of massage seats and 360 cameras/wireless charging annoys then the car aint for you

options that have been deleted because of chip shortages in the UK are small potatoes in comparison to what options the LE and Vorsprung models have....as for options in other continent's it will be same across the board but you'll get design packs ....if the deletion of massage seats and 360 cameras/wireless charging annoys then the car aint for you
Believe me I won’t be heartbroken without all the “comfort” items being deleted or unavailable. I hope that there will be a non moonroof option in the US but I am doubtful. I want the car for its performance capabilities, my current MK7R is about as stripped as you can get and I love it. I started the post to get an understanding of what is and isn’t being removed as other forum members are collecting their cars, something that won’t happen in the US for awhile or maybe ever.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Believe me I won’t be heartbroken without all the “comfort” items being deleted or unavailable. I hope that there will be a non moonroof option in the US but I am doubtful. I want the car for its performance capabilities, my current MK7R is about as stripped as you can get and I love it. I started the post to get an understanding of what is and isn’t being removed as other forum members are collecting their cars, something that won’t happen in the US for awhile or maybe ever.
By the time it hits the USA shores it may come to you in face-lift form

Reactions: 8YARWY
360 camera better com back by the time mine comes, it's one of the reasons I went Vorpsrung.
Highly unlikely it'll comeback I'd rather it didn't paying for something l don't need and the Vorsprung is full of kit l don't need just picked the Vorsprung for the sunroof

Highly unlikely it'll comeback I'd rather it didn't paying for something l don't need and the Vorsprung is full of kit l don't need just picked the Vorsprung for the sunroof
I like toys. Surround view is great for saving alloys.

Reactions: garethdj and Spinstorm
US configurator is up. It does not show or say about rear usb-c ports, I think I read that these have also been removed from some cars?

US configurator is up. It does not show or say about rear usb-c ports, I think I read that these have also been removed from some cars?
They were a package with the wireless charger, so same as above, only the launch edition has them

A little annoying that they can select the red and green stitching on seats, and do it independently from the full interior pack if you want. Also, they get side assist which I believe has been removed from all A/S/RS3 cars here for 'chip shortage' reasons. Audi really do talk a load of ******** and it really gets on my nerves as it feels like the UK market has been shunted to the bottom of the pile.

Reactions: garethdj, 3vans and RS03???
A little annoying that they can select the red and green stitching on seats, and do it independently from the full interior pack if you want. Also, they get side assist which I believe has been removed from all A/S/RS3 cars here for 'chip shortage' reasons. Audi really do talk a load of ******** and it really gets on my nerves as it feels like the UK market has been shunted to the bottom of the pile.
My reply from Audi UK over the same subject said it's not Audi Germany at fault but down to the Audi UK design team that bunch stuff together and either allow you to pick and choose or not, hence when you go on Audi.de there are no standard, no carbon and no 'Vorsprung' models, just an RS3 that you add your own spec on to

• Angry
Reactions: garethdj, Daggerit and RS03???
My reply from Audi UK over the same subject said it's not Audi Germany at fault but down to the Audi UK design team that bunch stuff together and either allow you to pick and choose or not, hence when you go on Audi.de there are no standard, no carbon and no 'Vorsprung' models, just an RS3 that you add your own spec on to
That makes no sense at all from Audi UK as other RS UK models have configurable coloured interiors
Same with the 8v RS3

Reactions: Daggerit and 8YARWY
I did write to Audi-DE, initially once and they referred my disappointment with the lack of Interior option and others back to Audi-UK. Similar to another thread on RS6 Vorsprung, Audi-UK's decisions are questionable and not in tune with the Audi customers.

Reactions: Mike.46 and 8YARWY
That makes no sense at all from Audi UK as other RS UK models have configurable coloured interiors
Same with the 8v RS3

I imagine it will take the pressure off Audi sales persons at p/x time though with just the 3 levels of trim?

I hear what everyone is saying and I’m going to add my .02
Kylami and Turbo Blue are free but every other color you get charged for!?!? And then green is the only design pack available, no red option. Who the hell is in charge of selecting what is and isnt able to be selected? Im guessing they always played in the Lego bin and never had a complete kit with how random things are.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I hear what everyone is saying and I’m going to add my .02
Kylami and Turbo Blue are free but every other color you get charged for!?!? And then green is the only design pack available, no red option. Who the hell is in charge of selecting what is and isnt able to be selected? Im guessing they always played in the Lego bin and never had a complete kit with how random things are.
That's very strange, I didn't notice that until you said it. Odd that you can get the red and green stitching but only the green full design pack.

Since when were those colours free? Did the price list get updated again?
He's talking about the US configurator rather than ours.

Edit: It shows just how little consistency they have!

Reactions: Frosty1 and Add_Profile
it is , uk has nothing from options just 3 trims

Reactions: Daggerit
There's a lot that doesn't make sense lol. Like in the US, (just placed my order a week ago) almost everything is standard at 58K USD and the tech pack is another 3.1K and that's pretty much fully loaded, just no 360 camera. Also the graphic wheels are standard which I think in the UK they are on the highest trim. We have to pay for the plain black wheels with the black optics pack. Turbo blue and Kaylami Green is free, everything else is $595. And the stitching is available with any color combo, but no red design pack and and the green design pack is limited to only 4 stock colors I think. What's more odd is if you do an exclusive color, you cant option the black optics pack. Literally makes no sense. The black painted roof is anyone's guess. The order sheet says its part of the black optics pack, but when the dealer adds it it says you get a $250 credit cause the black roof isn't available, but they also said they have an option to not remove the $250 discount so it might come with it?? Honestly this is all entertaining to me cause at the end of the day Im buying it only for the 5 cylinder engine since there is a good chance this is its last generation and probably no more after this model run, but I can imagine how many people are frustrated due to the confusion and odd buildout structure. Pretty much add what you want and hope it comes the way you wanted it haha. (lastly, and this is just a rant, nardo was free last gen and now im paying $3900 to have it, so thats fun!)

Reactions: cooperp, Jassyo06 and Frosty1
So the dealer was able to match my build to a pre built 23’ that was at port. The car arrived at the dealership on Friday but did not have the black optics installed and come to find out it’s not just a one time occurrence. There are multiple cars missing various items that are listed on the window sticker. Hopefully I will find out tomorrow if they are willing to provide at least the wheels and badges, I can live without the black roof but the wheels must go!