Little key flashing on the dash??

Zman6000

Reaction score
Hey guys having a few minor problems with my 2001 Audi TT 225 roadster, every now and again there's a little key that flashes on the dash and causes the car to start then cut out immediately but start it again and it's fine? Anyone come across this before? Scratching my head now as there's no fault codes other than one intermittent one about timing but can't fault the running of the car??? 74k full service history.... any info would be great

That's most likely the immobiliser. Will need to go to the dealer or somewhere with a genuine VAG computer to investigate why it's playing up.

That's most likely the immobiliser. Will need to go to the dealer or somewhere with a genuine VAG computer to investigate why it's playing up.
It's been the dealer not so long back and had the key reprogrammed as they said that was the fault but clearly not as it's still happening I'd say it was the ring behind the barrel? One fault code about timing but no lights on the dash? Think I may just sell it not having much luck with audis :(

You could just try changing the battery in the key, if you don't know when it was last changed.

Reactions: Zman6000
You could just try changing the battery in the key, if you don't know when it was last changed.
I'll give it a whirl Although I don't think am that lucky lol

Ordered some batteries but I'm guessing the immobiliser doesn't work from the key battery.....

Just as I thought batteries made no difference it's going to be the pick up behind the steering wheel anyone changed one before???