LLL Parts needing VIN number

A32009

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m looking for items and I found them on LLL Parts for a decent price . I read the reviews and suffice to say, they’re not great or they’re excellent. I’m willing to take a gamble and pay with PayPal, however, they’re asking for my VIN number. Should I give them this number? Can I trust them with it?
If it all goes tits up, at least I can claim my money back from PayPal. Maybe I’d be safer putting in a parts request on here

Reactions: creweaudiparts
Hi all,

I’m looking for items and I found them on LLL Parts for a decent price . I read the reviews and suffice to say, they’re not great or they’re excellent. I’m willing to take a gamble and pay with PayPal, however, they’re asking for my VIN number. Should I give them this number? Can I trust them with it?
If it all goes tits up, at least I can claim my money back from PayPal. Maybe I’d be safer putting in a parts request on here
I’ve used them before no issues. Don’t remember having to put my vin in though. Which I wouldn’t do.

Some parts differ depending on exact build date etc, so as much as it might be a 2006 year car for example , that's not to say it wasn't fitted with revised parts at the factory during its production run.
If for example you look at any good parts schematic you will see some parts may have changed after a specifc date or VIN number but still within that model.
Sometimes the only way to get the exact part is with the VIN number unless of course, you happen to know the correct part number when you order, which not all owners do.

Some parts differ depending on exact build date etc, so as much as it might be a 2006 year car for example , that's not to say it wasn't fitted with revised parts at the factory during its production run.
If for example you look at any good parts schematic you will see some parts may have changed after a specifc date or VIN number but still within that model.
Sometimes the only way to get the exact part is with the VIN number unless of course, you happen to know the correct part number when you order, which not all owners do.
Yeah, I totally get that that, I've a '09 8P1 so it's different to the earlier versions. However, can I trust their site with my VIN number? They're not a main dealer.
I'm nearly sure I have the correct parts. One part is the "ashtray delete kit" so it's not an original to my car but the rear tow hitch cover is super specific as there seems to be multiple versions of it. I'm 99% sure I've the correct one for mine though.

Thanks Sandra. Will delivering to the EU be a problem?

Yeah, I totally get that that, I've a '09 8P1 so it's different to the earlier versions. However, can I trust their site with my VIN number? They're not a main dealer.
I'm nearly sure I have the correct parts. One part is the "ashtray delete kit" so it's not an original to my car but the rear tow hitch cover is super specific as there seems to be multiple versions of it. I'm 99% sure I've the correct one for mine though.

Thanks Sandra. Will delivering to the EU be a problem?
I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

Sadly, no good as like a lot of UK companies, they don’t ship to ROI anymore.

I’ve chanced lllparts to see how I get on. I didn’t give them my VIN number just in case but I gave my model and year as a note. I paid with PayPal in case things go wrong.

Thanks everyone for replying and thanks to Tom for taking the time to respond to me. He seems nice and helpful and if you’re based in the UK and I wouldn’t hesitate in dealing with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra
Ordered parts from LLL last week and they arrived today. Super happy with that!

Reactions: Sandra