Location of car jack?

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Can't seem to find the car jack anywhere, does anyone know where it should be stored? Car came with wheel unlocking bolts, toolkit, & tyre repair kit. Have purchased a spare wheel (thewheelshop.co.uk) but obviously its useless if there's no jack in the car lol
Cheers

Just a guess but if the car came new without a spare wheel but with a tyre repair kit, would they supply a jack?

Reactions: psychopomp1
85945c4ed770eca5b94a4831b49d4dfd.plist
mine is here but I have a sub and no wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just a guess but if the car came new without a spare wheel but with a tyre repair kit, would they supply a jack?
AFAIK all new A6's come with a tyre repair kit, toolkit and jack - despite there not being a spare wheel.

@sarah1331
Thanks, it looks like the dealer may have forgot to include this in my car. Will ask them in the morning.

Reactions: Alistair D
Called the dealer, they said as the car didn't come with a spare wheel then there will be no jack included. That's really weird as others on here with an A6 did get a jack included despite also not having a spare wheel.

Anyway does anyone know what the Audi part # for the jack is? Audi have quoted me £103 for the jack...no way on God's Earth am I paying that lol. Will see if i can find it cheaper elsewhere, otherwise might buy one from wheelshop.co.uk assuming its identical to the Audi one.

Called the dealer, they said as the car didn't come with a spare wheel then there will be no jack included. That's really weird as others on here with an A6 did get a jack included despite also not having a spare wheel.

Anyway does anyone know what the Audi part # for the jack is? Audi have quoted me £103 for the jack...no way on God's Earth am I paying that lol. Will see if i can find it cheaper elsewhere, otherwise might buy one from wheelshop.co.uk assuming its identical to the Audi one.

Hi Psycho,

Correct - unfortunately it doesn’t come with a jack included.

I also purchased the spare wheel from the same supplier as you, and I opted for one of their wheel changing kits with jack included. Must have been less than £20 or so IIRC?

Not sure how it compares to the Diamond Encrusted Audi jack @ £103 but correct me if I am wrong but a jack is a jack, as long as it is rated for the appropriate load level?

Reactions: Sandra
I just found this out the other day and think it's stupid. I thought when you use the Tyre slime stuff you are supposed to jack the car up, put the stuff in, turn the wheel a few times to spread it around then blow up and you should be good to go, or have they changed the instructions as well?

I'd avoid slime. If it works then the hole is likely small enough so it can be repaired. But tyre repair shops are not allowed to fix any tyres that have had the slime treatment. So you use it, tyre needs binning.

In the big scheme of things an upgrade to road recovery that takes you to a tyre shop for repair is cheaper.

I'd avoid slime. If it works then the hole is likely small enough so it can be repaired. But tyre repair shops are not allowed to fix any tyres that have had the slime treatment. So you use it, tyre needs binning.

In the big scheme of things an upgrade to road recovery that takes you to a tyre shop for repair is cheaper.

Agree I have a string kit for the emergency

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Couldn't find the Audi jack any cheaper so have ordered one from thewheelshop.co.uk for only £15 incl accessories. Its the same 2 tonne jack as the Audi kosher one. In hindsight, i should have ordered the spare wheel with the kit but I wrongly assumed the car already had one.
Cheers

Just to confirm, my car came with jack, like Sarah's Was a September 2018 build so maybe something they have stopped now. I have to go to the dealer tomorrow so will try and ahve a look if there is one in the showroom

Best to keep the slime kit in the boot then for the next owner and buy a string kit...…….funnily enough I have came to this conclusion already before I read the above, spooky :)

Just to confirm, my car came with jack, like Sarah's Was a September 2018 build so maybe something they have stopped now. I have to go to the dealer tomorrow so will try and ahve a look if there is one in the showroom
Unfortunately no A6 in the showroom so couldn't check

Aaarrrgghhh!! Received the jack this morning but it needs a plastic bracket & nuts to secure the jack into the housing. So had to order one in from Audi for £19....that’s more than the cost of the jack itself lol. Thanks Audi.....NOT :(

Aaarrrgghhh!! Received the jack this morning but it needs a plastic bracket & nuts to secure the jack into the housing. So had to order one in from Audi for £19....that’s more than the cost of the jack itself lol. Thanks Audi.....NOT :(
Let me check mine! Don’t want to be caught out when (not if!) I get a flat.

Just noticed that in the Configurator the jack is only available if you also spec the space saver tyre. Clearly a change they made sometime last year

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An update: had to buy the original Audi jack because the jack supplied by thewheelshop.co.uk

a) Does NOT fit inside the jack holding bracket - its slightly wider than the Audi one

b) Perhaps more importantly, the jack's groove does no sit properly on the car underside so its almost useless (probably dangerous)

Wheelshop fully refunded me (they asked me to dispose of jack) so no issues there but I strongly recommend you throughly check any third party jack before stowing it in the car.

Audi jack is the black one:

Sorry for the delay but here is what I have inside my 2019 Avant.

Attachments

• D09E5A84-EC58-40CD-BF63-8F297C63E116.jpeg
    D09E5A84-EC58-40CD-BF63-8F297C63E116.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 693
And

Attachments

• 79100E94-224D-4C60-9EA5-2553A1E77ABD.jpeg
    79100E94-224D-4C60-9EA5-2553A1E77ABD.jpeg
    317 KB · Views: 943
And

Attachments

• B982DE6A-E549-48C5-A21F-B27592D9CB33.jpeg
    B982DE6A-E549-48C5-A21F-B27592D9CB33.jpeg
    343 KB · Views: 587
Thanks Jenko, looks like you were lucky enough to get an Audi one already included with your car. But those getting the latest MY2020 cars most likely won’t be getting one as standard and will have to fork out £120+ for one. (£103 for jack + £19 for storage bracket/screws)

Reactions: relytyler
An update: had to buy the original Audi jack because the jack supplied by thewheelshop.co.uk

a) Does NOT fit inside the jack holding bracket - its slightly wider than the Audi one

b) Perhaps more importantly, the jack's groove does no sit properly on the car underside so its almost useless (probably dangerous)

Wheelshop fully refunded me (they asked me to dispose of jack) so no issues there but I strongly recommend you throughly check any third party jack before stowing it in the car.

Audi jack is the black one:

I have just had the misfortune of having my first flat in the Audi, picked up a nice and shiny 2" screw in an industrial estate earlier on.

I only had the jack from The Wheel Shop (black one) and it worked a charm to be fair, although mine has a different holding bracket to the one in your photo.

Tyre plugged & hopefully that's sorted!

I had to buy a spare but mine came with a jack.

Attachments

• 880E42A6-AF3F-4AD7-BB32-D222D762216A.jpeg
    880E42A6-AF3F-4AD7-BB32-D222D762216A.jpeg
    886.3 KB · Views: 530