Location of egr value (with picture)

jblakes

Reaction score
I've got a audi A3 1.6tdi (2010), can somebody tell me if this is it, attached to the dipstick holder?

I've read this is egr and also read it the throttle body. If this isn't it where is it located as seems to be some confusion regarding that too.

Kind regards
James

Attachments

• 20200713_124706.jpg
    20200713_124706.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 857
Bump please, is this the egr or throttle body, can't seem to find answer online as says its both

Kind regards
James

Thank you. Got the orange warning light on so with p0403 code. Will have a whirl at cleaning it out and hope that sorts it

can you clear it or constantly on ? If your thinking of remapping it blank it off and delete it ..

Not on when I start car. Usually comes on within five mins and is flashing orange. Sometimes engine management light on, but not always.

I was going to have a whirl at cleaning it and see if it did anything. Hadn't thought of blanking it off, how much does it cost and does it effect mot?

If its on after 5 mins more than likely egr and not wiring .. blanking them is easy but then you remap them and delete code p0403 .. car will run much better audi standard maps are dog pants

Hi, your EGR is at the back of the engine integrated with a cooler, and it's a long drawn out job to replace approx. 4 hrs .
In a lot of cases with the 1,6tdi cayc engine it's electrical with the EGR that goes first, anyway the only way on this engine to delete you would also have to do the same with the DPF and that is illegal in the UK i would not advice to blank off your EGR on this engine as this would only cause you bigger issues down the line with your DPF

It's an A1 but looks to be the same / similar to your engine based on the picture you provided?

Not the same ,the EGR is at the rear of the engine on a 2010 A3 1.6tdi cayc

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

My engine looks exactly like the A1 engine above. So assumed that was the egr valve. So is this the egr valve or not?

Also what size nut do I need for it?

Kind regards
James

Attachments

• 20191203_132627.jpg
    20191203_132627.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 579
Well what the hell is that the guy takes off as he says that's the egr valve?

Totally confused now.

Kind regards
James

Last edited:
****** hell, I watched that video and assumed that s the egr as that's what he said.

Any simple way to clean it out? Heard squirting egr cleaner in intake works, is that a thing and does it work?

Kind regards
James