Lock system failing

AlexA6

Reaction score
Hey, im new to this site and just signed up and i'd appreciate it if anyone could point me to a better catergory/thread if im in the wrong one :).

My Audi A6 that i bought a couple of weeks ago has recently giving up on me. When i try to use the wireless key fob my car only unlocks but wont lock (car doesnt seem to recognize the signal). Putting the key in the door and trying to manually lock it only locks driver door but no other door.
Trying to unlock the car works perfectly fine however both wirlessly and manually. The only way i have to lock it right now is by using the emergency lock button inside the door.

Since the car responds prefectly fine to the fobs trunk opener and unlock im completetly clueless. Id appreciate any help of locating the problem or any solution. The car w0rked perfectly fine last week and the batteries are quite new and im no aware of any damage ive personally caused to the car.

Hi and :sign welcome: Alex,
I can't help with your problem, other than to suggest changing fob batteries or running a diagnostic check via VCDS or similar, but try posting on the relevant A6 Forum (C?) .There are a lot of clued up people on ASN.
Good luck .