Locking Cover - How much do they cost? (Part No. Inside)

Reaction score
I need a Locking Cover (if that's what they're called) for the passenger side of my A3.

Anyone know how much Audi charge?

Part Number: 1K0971981B (Passenger Side)
Part Number: 1K0971981A (Drivers Side)

Thanks.

x3zdbc.jpg
img00125201006022019.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking of asking the same but but thought I might appear stupid !!!

Must be one of the cheapest bits available - think I'ii get one just in case !!!

i had my suspicions thats what it was (i am telling the truth :p) the name locking cover put me off

Thanks for this post!!!!!!
I've got exactly the same part missing and keep meaning to get it replaced but havent got round to it.
No excuse now that I know the part number and fairly reasonable price.
Cheers!!!!

Thanks for this post!!!!!!
I've got exactly the same part missing and keep meaning to get it replaced but havent got round to it.
No excuse now that I know the part number and fairly reasonable price.
Cheers!!!!
No probs.

I'm gonna ring Audi tomorrow and order one. Just wish my nearest dealer wasn't 17 miles away ***!!!

Would you believe they'll ask you what colour !!!

Available in :-

Pure beige
Titanium black
Corn silk beige
Satin black

:eyebrows:

Would you believe they'll ask you what colour !!!

Available in :-

Pure beige
Titanium black
Corn silk beige
Satin black

:eyebrows:
I just rung Audi, and they said I have to be be in-store to order parts! why the hell can't we order over the phone? Ridiculous.

35 mile round trip just for a piece of plastic!

Ring Dave at Stoke Audi. They are sponsors of this forum and he is very helpful.

Unfortunately you may find the postage more than the part but it'll still be cheaper than a 35 mile round trip !!

Ring Dave at Stoke Audi. They are sponsors of this forum and he is very helpful.

Unfortunately you may find the postage more than the part but it'll still be cheaper than a 35 mile round trip !!
Thanks, I'll give them a try!

thats ridiculous i order parts willy nilly from dundee audi :) i even get them delivered