Locking vehicle from MyAudi app

bfevo

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is another Audi cost saving method, my wife has a 2020 A1 Sport so fairly basic. She can lock her car using the app. I have a 2020 S3 (nearly twice the cost of the A1) and I cannot see the option to lock the vehicle!?

Does anyone know if this is bundled in an options pack and think it will be available as a function on demand. The amount of times I've sat on my keys in the garden and it's unlocked the car I'd like to be able to lock it from in the house which is to far for the fob when it's in the garage.

Cheers

1c8eb7b2659dcf368aab8919fee931b8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also if you happen to have an Apple Watch you can get the app on that and unlock/unlock the vehicle from that. Quite hand walking out from the shops car usually takes around 10seconds to unlock

Reactions: AdamInKent
So I don't have that option, I have my wife's car on the app as well and like your screenshot the lock and unlock is there but not for mine!?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210425-093811_myAudi.jpg
    Screenshot_20210425-093811_myAudi.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 138
That’s strange. Try uninstall and reinstall the app mate?

That’s strange. Try uninstall and reinstall the app mate?

Unfortunately I've done that, removed myself as a key user. Reset the MMI and everything and everytime my wife's works. This is why I'm wondering if it's in some form of options pack now.

Think this has been discussed before and the answer from Audi is it needs ordering and installing at the production stage.
Check the previous posts sure it’s been answered

Think this has been discussed before and the answer from Audi is it needs ordering and installing at the production stage.
Check the previous posts sure it’s been answered
I have a feeling, from earlier discussions, that this may be a feature missing from earlier production cars and/or lower trims. I have it on my 2021 S-Line A3 without having knowingly specified any package with it in. Someone mentioned that a physical indicator on the car is whether it has the small oval indent in the drivers door handle for keyless entry (regardless of whether you have keyless entry).

I have only tried it once. It worked, but then reported all the Windows down in the car status (they weren’t). So it looks like there are still a few wrinkles to iron out.

I have a feeling, from earlier discussions, that this may be a feature missing from earlier production cars and/or lower trims. I have it on my 2021 S-Line A3 without having knowingly specified any package with it in. Someone mentioned that a physical indicator on the car is whether it has the small oval indent in the drivers door handle for keyless entry (regardless of whether you have keyless entry).

I have only tried it once. It worked, but then reported all the Windows down in the car status (they weren’t). So it looks like there are still a few wrinkles to iron out.
I have the keyless indent and no keyless entry. Have no option to lock/unlock from the app though

Then again, my MMI software is from October 2019 in a car delivered in September 2020. I can’t use CarPlay without it flashing black all the time or use voice commands for anything other than the Sat Nav. So, locking a door with an app is the least of my worries.
**** show.

Reactions: Nothingdoing079 and AdamInKent
You're honestly not missing much bud. My edition1 did not have this but my vorsprung does (I had assumed it was due to keyless entry)

It works 1/10 times for me and even then takes 20-25 seconds lol.

Much easier to use the actual key.

I'm guessing this is another Audi cost saving method, my wife has a 2020 A1 Sport so fairly basic. She can lock her car using the app. I have a 2020 S3 (nearly twice the cost of the A1) and I cannot see the option to lock the vehicle!?

Does anyone know if this is bundled in an options pack and think it will be available as a function on demand. The amount of times I've sat on my keys in the garden and it's unlocked the car I'd like to be able to lock it from in the house which is to far for the fob when it's in the garage.

Cheers
I have an S3 which was built in October 20 - so have wireless car paly etc and I also have keyless entry, but it doesn't appear in my app and like someone else has said, when I contacted Audi Digital they said it wasn't ordered on my car - Such bull**** as why would you have to order that, it should be on all cars as they keep banging on about what you can do with the app.

To be honest, the app is so flaky telling me that boots open and windows down and when I go into the garage the cars all locked and closed. so I've not pushed it any further.

Reactions: bfevo