Locking Wheel nut

Status
Not open for further replies.

markymark1984

Petrol Head
Reaction score
Hi All,

I minced my locking wheel nut key today and the end result is i cant get my wheels off, not an ideal situation. I cant seem to find the right key anywhere on the web and was hoping someone can point me in the right place.

I haven't been to the stealers yet, that is my last resort. there are no markings on the key itself to identify it so all i have is a photo of the wheel nut on my car. Anyone know where i can get a locking key to fit this nut?

P1050016.jpg

markymark1984

easiest would be to go to to your local vag dealer and ask one of the mechanics to either use their set of spare locking keys or ask him to do it and offer him a little bit of money, worked for me when did the same thing. mike

you cant even hammer a socket on them as the outer rim spins..... :noway:

HAHA I did this on my mums fiesta got a flat tyre and never had the lock in wheel nut got a socket wrench and had over the nut at an angle and spun off the nut took about 10 minutes to do!!!

TBH that one in the pic doesn't look as though it has the spinning outer collar

Looks like a McGard nut so dealers wouldn't have one for that.

I agree, looks like a McGard to me. Most tyre centres should have locking nut removal tools or I'm fairly sure you can buy the kits yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.