Long life service interval reset

PCMIKE

Reaction score
Hello,
I've had a long life service at 21k and was wondering how many miles I've to do before the service indicator works out when the next one will be. After 600 miles Audi had another go to reset it, but after another 800 miles, it still says the same amount that Audi set it as. What distances have people done before the service indicator has reset itself?
Thanks,
Mike

Mine came back from the dealer saying 730 days/19k(ish) miles. Haven't looked since but the number of days should drop in real time as that is a fixed metric for a service regardless of how you drive.

The car has two service intervals showing, oil - which I believe is set as fixed, service - which should calculate the interval after X miles, based on driving style. This is what my previous Audi did, although at that time there was only 1 single service interval and oil was included in it.
Thanks,
Mike

The car has two service intervals showing, oil - which I believe is set as fixed, service - which should calculate the interval after X miles, based on driving style. This is what my previous Audi did, although at that time there was only 1 single service interval and oil was included in it.
Thanks,
Mike

Both the service indicators on mine show the same mileage and days to service. If you have a wide difference between the two then it may be that they have set one to fixed and one to variable, something that is not uncommon

Ok, got this the wrong way around! According to A6 brochure, service is fixed at 19k, although mine was done at 21.5k as this is what it said, but oil can be/should be variable if doing long life. So currently oil was set at 19k, but when does this change? Will it go down to 3 or 4k and then decide it wants a change earlier? Doesn't make much difference as will be done when it says, but just wondering when it works itself out.
Thanks,
Mike

Mine are going down in sync with each other. I presume they will only deviate if the car decides the oil is degrading faster and thus needs an earlier change. Had first service at 18.6k so do not expect much deviation from the standard rate of decline