Q5 Long life servicing

Steveroberts1971

Reaction score
Hi, wonder if anybody can help, picked up a new Q5 40 tdi two weeks ago and covered appropriately 350 miles. Checked the service interval on the app and says it’s due for an oil change in 9200 miles, i asked for the car to be on long life servicing and thought it would be longer than 9k between oil changes, before I get in touch with garage I thought I would ask on here? Many thanks in advance. Also if it’s not on long life can it be changed over easily?

Hi,

As you asked, this should have been changed before you collected the car, so it hasn’t been done. The long term regime is every two years or 19,000 miles, whatever the sooner. A visit to the dealer to get this changed.
Enjoy the car.

You’ll find that it will drop by 100 miles for every 200 miles you do. I picked my Q5 tdi up 2 weeks ago and mine is the same, currently saying oil change due in 8900 miles, it’s done 350 miles so far. It’s also on variable servicing.

You’ll find that it will drop by 100 miles for every 200 miles you do. I picked my Q5 tdi up 2 weeks ago and mine is the same, currently saying oil change due in 8900 miles, it’s done 350 miles so far. It’s also on variable servicing.
I called the garage today and they said, don’t worry about it, when the light comes on for a service, just reset it and then I will be fine as it will force the car into long life, not sure I am buying into it as why would you just manually reset the service indicator when it’s asking for an oil change, I am open for views on this?

Hi,
A typical response from the garage. Take it back to the dealer and get them to reset the service indicator to the long service regime. This is the best way in my honest opinion.

Hi,
A typical response from the garage. Take it back to the dealer and get them to reset the service indicator to the long service regime. This is the best way in my honest opinion.
Yes I think you are right, point is that I specifically asked fir it to be on long life service, now to do a 2 hour round trip to have it rectified just makes my blood boil.

Yes I think you are right, point is that I specifically asked fir it to be on long life service, now to do a 2 hour round trip to have it rectified just makes my blood boil.
It likely is on long life, give it a few hundred miles and keep a note of what the oil change mileage will be. For example, when I picked mine up 2 weeks ago, on 10 miles the oil change was due at 8900, now it’s done 400 miles and the oil change is due in 8700 miles, so will be at 9100 miles not 8900.

Reactions: AlS3BE
It likely is on long life, give it a few hundred miles and keep a note of what the oil change mileage will be. For example, when I picked mine up 2 weeks ago, on 10 miles the oil change was due at 8900, now it’s done 400 miles and the oil change is due in 8700 miles, so will be at 9100 miles not fingers

Fingers crossed, as otherwise I will be paying for two services when I could potentially do it in one service at 2 years old or near about

The service indicator will also show the next service in days, so if it’s on fixed it will show less than 365 days, and if on the the flexible regime it would show more like 650 plus days.

One option open to buyers of new Audi cars is Audi Complete where you pay a monthly payment to cover the service, or service and maintenance, or service and maintenance and tyres. I have this for my Q2 and it works out a good deal, even more so if you have the car of fixed service regime. I cover less than 8000 miles a year so the car is set to fixed service. I get three services, a/c service, brake fluid change, brake pads, discs, wipers and things like key fob batteries. I pay £20 per month over three years. Worth looking at and you can only get a quote from the Audi dealer. Audi Complete is not to be confused with the two service plan Audi offer.

The service indicator will also show the next service in days, so if it’s on fixed it will show less than 365 days, and if on the the flexible regime it would show more like 650 plus days.

One option open to buyers of new Audi cars is Audi Complete where you pay a monthly payment to cover the service, or service and maintenance, or service and maintenance and tyres. I have this for my Q2 and it works out a good deal, even more so if you have the car of fixed service regime. I cover less than 8000 miles a year so the car is set to fixed service. I get three services, a/c service, brake fluid change, brake pads, discs, wipers and things like key fob batteries. I pay £20 per month over three years. Worth looking at and you can only get a quote from the Audi dealer. Audi Complete is not to be confused with the two service plan Audi offer.

Thanks