Longlife servicing, is this right?

Sem

Reaction score
My car has just had its first service (on longlife) and i checked the DIS, it says:

Service due: 18,500 miles / 730 days
Oil change: 9,500 miles / 365 days

Is this correct? On longlife, I thought the oil change and service were due at the same time (as per my first service)?

Cheers

Not necessarily no. It was probably a coincidence that they occurred at the same time. My first service and oil changes were 5k miles apart.

5k i'd say was acceptable but mine are almost 10k apart, surely this can't be right?

I've raised the question with the dealer when they gave me a courtesy call a few days after the service but they never got back to me (no surprise there, they are useless for returning calls, see my previous thread) so now i've contacted Audi UK and asked them to verify this and get back to me.

It seems to me that they have put it on the normal service regime and not longlife.

Can anyone else share their experiences please? Particularly interested in 2.0TDI owners views.

Thank you.

Mine's the same and its on longlife. Wouldn't worry about it.

Sorry mate completely off topic,your not from the macclesfield area are you, its just i keep seeing a black a3 with SEM in the number plate.
Just curious :sm4:

That was 5k between them on the FIRST service so 10k on the second wouldn't be abnormal Sem.

If you like your engine you will change the oil every 10k regardless of what the DIS says.

If you like your engine you will change the oil every 10k regardless of what the DIS says.

I'm with you on that one. Mine will be getting an interim oilchange from now on. So many problems on these seem to be down to sh**ty oil, that it seems money well spent.

I'll be keeping the service interval technically to longlife - every 18K etc. at a main dealer, but going to an independent for these extra oil changes.

I normally change oil ever 8k anyway, think its from my CTR days!

My Yam R1 had an oil change every 1500 miles :) but that was gearbox/engine and cutch oil all in one so its not quite the same.