look what turned up today ....

gingers3

Reaction score
got home today to be met by this ....

so wasted no time in getting it fitted .....

bit more induction noise , but yet to road test it

I got my filter and pipe too.
Thought I bought the hose and the filter separately, but I hear no difference in induction noise?

did you remove the plastic baffle part from the air box ?
i dont see how an angled pipe fits correctly , the revo one is far from a straight 45 degree reduced pipe it fits perfect

Reactions: shakey_hand_man
Plastic baffle?
This one fits fine, its not totally snug, but its doing its job. With all the force I can apply to it, it doesnt move.

Attachments

• IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    800.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_2446.JPG
    IMG_2446.JPG
    886.8 KB · Views: 187
yes the plastic baffle , i fitted mine then read the revo instructions to remove the baffle so had to do it all over again !!
when you take the filter panel out theres a grill under it that lifts out , revo say to take it out

o brought mine from a guy on here for £100 so did my cost me any more than the bits seperately

yes the plastic baffle , i fitted mine then read the revo instructions to remove the baffle so had to do it all over again !!
when you take the filter panel out theres a grill under it that lifts out , revo say to take it out
I didnt even see it lol - Must open it up again and have a look.

o brought mine from a guy on here for £100 so did my cost me any more than the bits seperately
Pipe was about £30 and the filter was £30. Its the same pipercross filter. Yours just has REVO on it.

I didnt even see it lol - Must open it up again and have a look.

Pipe was about £30 and the filter was £30. Its the same pipercross filter. Yours just has REVO on it.

yes i know , but if you look very carefully through the front grill and up the intake you can see the REVO logo !!!' lol

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
this is the bit you need to take out ! does look quite restricting really

Reactions: shakey_hand_man and PastS1Owner
I never realised this either had my pipercross filter in for a month now, whats the purpose of that? it does look very restricting.

i think its there to support the foam sheet thats on the oem filter but not sure

Interesting!? My plastic baffle now removed, will see what happens.
I have the Pipercross Filter, pipe via eBay.
Now have the Pipercross Induction Kit,yet to fit, to replace the whole OEM
airbox.

Interesting!? My plastic baffle now removed, will see what happens.
I have the Pipercross Filter, pipe via eBay.
Now have the Pipercross Induction Kit,yet to fit, to replace the whole OEM
airbox.

im not a fan of open filter induction kits , many have been tested and show performance to be down !

Reactions: Huwbert
im not a fan of open filter induction kits , many have been tested and show performance to be down !
Mmmm- Oh Dear!
My full plan is to work this together with the DTUK Box,
will experiment with what maybe Best!
Your Thoughts?
Cheers.

Mmmm- Oh Dear!
My full plan is to work this together with the DTUK Box,
will experiment with what maybe Best!
Your Thoughts?
Cheers.

Because the S1 OEM air box has a cold air feed I'm 99% sure it will be down on power in comparison if you go for a cone induction kit - you'll never as good separate from the hot engine bay as an actual air box with feed can give. The only better solution would be to rework with a whole new air box and larger cold air feed - but given the space confinement Audi have already done a pretty good job so further gains will be minimal.
One thing the full induction kit will give you is much more noise though!

i would nt fit any induction kit , the system we now have designed by revo i think has maximized the air flow
as for maps , im not sure about the "piggy back " map box
ive had mapped vag cars now for a good few years , ive had superchips , revo , celtic tuning but my favorite which i had on the 1.8 t and the 2.0 tfsi engined cars is custom code , very smooth but power full maps

The difference with this thing fitted is surprising. Must be circa 5bhp -4 of that is probably from removing that plastic grid.