Looking at buying some new tools, advice needed.

jackpilk

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying some new tools, I've got a decent snap-on spanner set & socket set but I'm looking at buying some AF spanners & sockets, screw drivers, hammers etc to build up my collection.

I'd like more snap-on/ Bluepoint tools but they come with a price tag.

What would you recommend brand wise? What brands do you use? And which ones should I stay clear of?

Thanks

No doubt some people will disagree but I use halfords professional only, as they come with life time warrenty. I've snapped Allen key sockets and just walked in there and exchanged them. Not questions asked. To me you can't really get better than that for price also there 75% cheaper than snap on.

James

+1 for halfords tools, Snapon are living on their past rep, tools are now made in Taiwan or China, not USA. The Halfords stuff have the same lifetime warranty, and everyone has a Halfords near them right? so no brainer really!

Cheers guys, I'l go have a look tomorrow. I'm assuming it's only the professional stuff that comes with a lifetime guarantee?

Cheers guys, I'l go have a look tomorrow. I'm assuming it's only the professional stuff that comes with a lifetime guarantee?

Anything with Halford's printed on it I think? Always look online to see if there are any deals on, and try and find a friend with a Halfords discount card, I got my Pro 150 piece set for 90 quid or something? and purchased myself a 3ft breaker bar with my savings, which was again discounted!

Draper expert
Halfords professional (the lifetime warranty doesn't cover moving parts)
Facom

+1 for Halfords Pro tools.

Ive heard there made with exactly the same stuff as Snap-on tools. Could be wrong tho

I usually go for halfords professional, however - I have purchased some "Bergen" tools from ebay over the past few months (ratchets, sockets.etc) - I am quite impressed with them.
I originally purchased a 1/2" ratchet from them for less than £15 - before I purchased any more "Bergen" tools I gave the ratchet some stick - used a hammer and the ratchet to loosen nuts.etc and gave me no issues.

Kennedy professional tools are good for the money . Have a look on the Cromwell website