Looking at getting an s1

Tbeck96

Reaction score
Hi guys, been having a read through the threads on here after taking a trip up to my local audi to have a look and test drive the s1. I currently have a fiesta ST running stage 2 sitting at just over 230 bhp. This is fun but feel like it's time to upgrade. On the test drive I have to say I was blown away with the quattro system the salesman kept looking at me a bit funny but hey I'm there to test out the car so test is what I did :tearsofjoy:

My intention would be to map the car after I've got used to the feel of the car. Looking at revo mainly but that's due to my lack of knowledge of the audi tuning game so any advice or pointers would be great!

Anything I should know about or be wary of with the car apart from the seemingly cheese rear drive shafts and clutch ?

I can't decide on a colour either they all look so damn good !

Tom :yellowrs4::redrs4::nogarors4::blackrs4:

APR offer a good map

DTYME83

What sort of figures can be expected from just the map ? Also much gain from improving induction whether that be changing panels and hoses to full induction kits?
Thanks

Tom

What sort of figures can be expected from just the map ? Also much gain from improving induction whether that be changing panels and hoses to full induction kits?
Thanks

Tom

There stage one map offers just over 300BHP. The APR induction kit for the Golf and S3 can be cut to fit the S1

DTYME83

There stage one map offers just over 300BHP. The APR induction kit for the Golf and S3 can be cut to fit the S1

DTYME83
Thanks for your responses, appreciate it. I'd there much to be said about upgrading to said intake or will it just optimise the map etc. Another thing I've seen is turbo muffler delete kits. These make much difference ?
Sorry for the barrage of questions

Reactions: DTYME83
Thanks for your responses, appreciate it. I'd there much to be said about upgrading to said intake or will it just optimise the map etc. Another thing I've seen is turbo muffler delete kits. These make much difference ?
Sorry for the barrage of questions

Yes the turbo muffler delete is worth logical upgrade as it improves the air flow.

DTYME83

Yes the turbo muffler delete is worth logical upgrade as it improves the air flow.

DTYME83
OK nice easy install ? On the St I've fitted all the mods myself so probably something I'd continue doing with the s1 to an extent, is upgrading the bov another thing to consider does the standard one leak at stage 1 ? This is an issue with the St standard bov at the level I'm running hence upgrading to a turbosmart valve

OK nice easy install ? On the St I've fitted all the mods myself so probably something I'd continue doing with the s1 to an extent, is upgrading the bov another thing to consider does the standard one leak at stage 1 ? This is an issue with the St standard bov at the level I'm running hence upgrading to a turbosmart valve

The BOV will cause you to lose power and yes the other mods are fairly easy to fit.

DTYME83

The stand car doesn't have a BOV as it recirculates (doesn't dump to atmosphere)