Looking for a b7 bul engine to refurb and ideas looking to get a reliable 350bhp

WOMBLERULZ

Reaction score
Looking to do an engine rebuild on my motor . Replace flywheel clutch assembly. Do the k04 tturbo and full exhaust system . Wwhats about and whats the best parts eg pistons ring shells . And what are the best mods to do . Eg oil pu,mp etc etc help help

Forgot to say i already have some bits to fit
Complete new suspension arms
Koni shocks new springs
S4 345 brake upgrade ebc red pads
S3 injectors
Inlet flap delete kit
Fmic
Uprated hpfp
Rs4 grill replaceme t engine wiring loom
Just looking fo mojo and ideas
Also i was going to walnt clean inlet valve

If you are looking to rebuild with uprated parts then there is no specific reason to look for a BUL, yes its the best of the tfsi B7 tfsi engines but if you are looking at new pistons etc etc then a BUL is not really needed.
If however you are looking to retain a BUL code engine in the car then thats is different, there are a few around but not many, and a lot are well used, which maynot be an issues as you are rebuilding it.

All down to what you are looking to get from the engine after all is done.

Whats a good place to get the uprated pistons etc . I remember tgere being a dtm motor in Scotland just wondering if uts a member on here ?

unless you have a reason to leave your current BUL as stock then just uprate it to suit your requirements.:icon thumright:

I’m thinking mahle pistons some new rods updated big ends . What do I need to do to oil pump jets etc any threads on here to get info and where to buy the parts

there are a few threads on this subject, maybe just try a specific search on the B7 tfsi , its a project i was going to embark on but decided against it, there is some very useful info in that thread aswell.

bit the bullet today... ordered the full milltek and sportcat from awesomegti today . wicked deal as well .. a good lad named Kieron .
trying to source some wossner pistons and rods as well now. rebore has been booked in .. so all i need to do is sort some bearings ... oil pump mod a tad of gas flowing and drop bits at turbo shop so they can hybrid it ...