Looking for a nice S4 Avant before I commit to buying new!

GaryP

Reaction score
Before I sign my savings and life away and order a shiny new S4 Avant, anyone on here due to sell a nice one/trade in cos they're getting a new one? 13/14 plate - open to options on the options although Black Edition with Adaptive Suspension would be nice, addition of Sport Diff would be even nicer...!!

Reactions: Keef
Now if you had posted that st the end of April I would've had the perfect S4 for you!
14 plate avant black edition fully loaded.
Good luck with the search

Reactions: scotty76
Maybe worth asking on the B9 section as lucky devils like @Keef are upgrading. :)

Reactions: GaryP and Keef
Now if you had posted that st the end of April I would've had the perfect S4 for you!
14 plate avant black edition fully loaded.
Good luck with the search
You've got your new one now yeah? How do you like it compared to your previous one? Did u end up trading in with Audi Dealer??

Couple of nice ones on autotrader at the moment. Some priced a bit silly or they just don't quite have the right spec.

Well I have 475bhp from my B8 and I am still seeking its limits - I am convinced that they are higher than my own driving skills, I have never ever felt that the handling of my car has been less than I need. So if the B9 is better then it is way better than it needs to be for the performance of the engine (in the S5 - not sure about the RS5).

Gary, I'm not sure what your previous car experience is, so sorry if this insults your intelligence: Are you fully away of the difference in characteristics between the B8 supercharged and B9 turbocharged engines? My own experience has been many years driving turbo cars and when I came to the B8 I fell in love with the characteristic of the supercharged engine. So much that I am unlikely to buy a B9 RS5 despite Audi's chassis improvements and the very tempting tech. But this is a very personal thing - there are plenty of people who love the higher peaky torque that only turbocharging brings. If you are not familiar with the difference based on test drives then I urge you to do so before making a decision on buying a B8 or a B9.

Reactions: Chop. and mister.c.
I'm with Dippy 100% on this; I'd be in no hurry to swap my supercharged engine - currently still at stock 333PS but only five days to go for the Stage 1 map - for a turbocharged one. I'd be in even less of a hurry to go back from a double-clutch S-Tronic to a traditional torque convertor box.

The new tech is nice, but usually new tech needs a few years in production to get de-bugged; plus, it's a car, not a tablet computer.

Reactions: Chop.