looking for a tuner in the northwest to give my S3 more power

brough74

Reaction score
Hi im looking for about 340BHP or so from my S3 (2008), i understand i will need a turbo back exhaust system (got a miltek), possible a fuel pump ??? and induction kit (i cant find a decent looking one) and either a GIAC or REVO stage 2+.

Is this right and where is the best place in the northwest to get it set up

Or any ideas what might work best or a decent looking induction kit without to much cutting of the plastic engine cover

autograph cars in burnley
awesome gti south manchester

probably a few others but cant think off hand....

thevolkswagencentre.com
audi, seat and vw dimsport remap 280
in st.helens

My car will have APR stage 2+ on it by tomorrow so I'll give you a heads up on that once its done!

Try prosport in stockport, traditionally they have been more into Subarus and the like, but Peter has been saying they want to start doing Audis.

He remapped mine a couple of years ago, and its been fine since. He also suggested I get a new exhaust etc to liberate a bit more power , but I didnt want the increased insurance premiums, so didnt go for it.

I had a VF intake with custom engine cover. pm me your e-mail address for pic.

stattler in sheffield know this engine like the back of their hand they really know their stuff!

Mate,

What do you call the North west? all you have been quoted are places in the Midlands!!!

Try 'Keith Edwards Motors" in Ulverston if you want a great Audi tuner in the 'North West' He's guys did my S3 to Revo 2+ and also just done a load of work to the 996. His whole team are very dedicated to fast Audi's google them as I highly recomend them to anybody!

Gaz M

Another vote for Keith Edwards Motors! Took mine to stage 2+ and back!

Also ADS is Preston is very good.

Cheers guys, yes your right about Keith Edwards i did have that on my list as i live in cumbria, but might try autograph or Stattler as i was thinking about the GIAC extreme software or the revo stage 2+ but most people seem to rate the revo which does not throw up fault codes. and no need to travel too far lol

How was the stage 2+ waring or gaz m ?

Stage 2+ is very good. Pulls like a train! Get ready for a new clutch though.

any idea on BHP and torque waring192 ? As you is a simalar spec to what mine is going to be.

I better get saving for an uprated clutch then lol

Hi Mate,

Stage 2+ is a great improvment, giving awesome acceleration and a real strong mid to high range with no dip in power at the 5500rpm point due to the uprated fuel pump smoothing out the fuel flow!
As a comparrison I found the TTRS and M3 slower at acceleration when I test drove them when I was looking to upgrade my car and I think just about even with my 911 which is also tuned a bit.but that is just my opinion at the time of testing.

If you up the power do get the brakes uprated just as soon as you can and possibly sort some of the vagueness in the steering (check other threads ) These realy are great cars when tuned up in my opinion.

I still suggest you go and see Keith, There are always customers there and a great collection of tuned Audi's to get idea's from.

waring 192 and myself are from Cumbria aswell mate hence my Midlands comment!

Good luck on your road to tuning as you wont be able to stop.

Gaz M

I would be willing to take you for a spin but im down in Wigan at the moment and its only running stage 1! Was thinking of changing car but its all going back on asap!

Yep,

You can say a minimum of 350bhp, from the Revo as a conservative estimate.
My clutch was fine even after 10k miles on Revo 2+ before I sold it, It did slip a couple of times but that turned out to be a rubber sleve in the master cylinder which Audi replaced along with new clutch fluid after which there was never another incident! for the cost of new fluid this is a worth while first fix for any S3 with a slipping clutch as the master cylinder can stick when it is returning to its normal position which feels as if the clutch is slipping slightly!

Gaz

Not bad getting 10K out of stock clutch! Mine went big style at around 28K or 5K with stage 2+. Have sachs ready to go on though...

We offer a power upgrade for the S3 8P which takes it to 310HP / 420Nm based just outside Leeds. Pm me if interested.

Jordan