Looking for advice on purchasing an Audi S3

Joel409

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the forum. I am currently looking to buy an Audi S3, no more than 7 years old, 3 door, less than 50,000 miles.

Has anyone got any advise they can share, I am confused about the little differences when I am looking such as BOSE sound system, is this standard? S-Tronic, is it worth having? Same with the Sat NAv, is it decent or just an aesthetic I can do with out?

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Joel

Welcome to the forum Joel.

Stronic, totally worth it, much better to drive with traffic, stop start etc, no silly clutch down every few seconds lol

Sat nav is good for its era yes & worthwhile.

Any technology you find missing from a good example, we offer supply/fit, so don't worry to much if its missing options.

Reactions: Joel409
Thanks for the advice!

My budget is £16,000 max, am I going to be able to find a car of that spec with this budget, I would prefer the S-Tronic I think to having a Sat nav but still with one or the other, still a hard find.

Am I being unrealistic and need to change my thinking?

I don't think so, just go out have a loo around & see what the market is saying, but I would try & get one from a dealer so it has a years warranty.

A dealer is ideally where I would look to go but they are hard to get flexible with the price!

Will keep hunting and hoping the right one will show up

Thanks!

I would e-mail Audi for a couple of brochures from the kind of period you are looking at - e.g. 2011 or 2012. That will give you an idea of what was on offer.
I did this when looking for a TT for my good lady and they replied within a couple of days with one from 2011 and one from 2012 which was really helpful to see what was standard and what were options. Subtle changes between years and seeing what the alloys looked like etc, were also explained.

See my recent post on 18,000 mile service intervals - if you do get one which has been on the 18000 regime then get the oil flushed and go to yearly changes if you are planning on keeping the car.....

In the same boat as you Joel but we put a deposit down on one Sunday. We are buying from an Audi dealer so have the re-assurance of a years warranty that can be continued plus the vigorous checks that they do.

We will be doing yearly servicing also. Car has done 17k

The problem I am having Schlaag is that for the money I can spend, the choices are too limited it seems. Just having to keep trying dealers in the hope they have one they are prepared to come down a bit on price!

Ah sorry I missed the budget. Yep Audi dealers are hard to knock down. My car was priced keenly for a dealer and battled hard to get 12 months road tax out of them!

Good luck with the search!