Where to buy door blades for my S3 8L

Elvis Depressly

Yes, No, Maybe So?
Reaction score
I've been looking for Door Blades everywhere as mine are starting to rust away, but only seem to find the 600 euro carbon ones and very few if any OEM ones. Are there any companies or people selling OEM, or aftermarket OEM style that aren't expensive as hell?

try the s3 guy on facebook, he's always breaking cars for parts, or the guy in stoke on trent.

I have a set of rear door blades if interested.
Thanks for the offer, but I am mostly concerned with my front 2 door blades as they seem to be falling apart inside. Surprisingly my two back ones are in almost mint condition

Thanks for the offer, but I am mostly concerned with my front 2 door blades as they seem to be falling apart inside. Surprisingly my two back ones are in almost mint condition
Standard mate, most people on here have been in the same position. Rears always hold up for much longer than fronts

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Have you considered repairing your ones? I did my drivers one the other week, removed it and fixed the plastic part onto the rubber with a load of countersunk self tappers. Good as new now.

Yeah same as mine mate. My drivers was coming away from the white nylon strip so I took it if and glued it back together and got new screws from TPS for it. Looks perfect now.

Reactions: Ian W
Yeah same as mine mate. My drivers was coming away from the white nylon strip so I took it if and glued it back together and got new screws from TPS for it. Looks perfect now.
Its really too bad that nobody makes any new reproductions for a fair price, I'm sure there is money in it as it seems like every S3 owner has similar problems

Reactions: thegoal007, yoursixx and Farmor00
@Alexpsp00 have you fitted them yet?
I've saw a couple people fitting these door blades and they don't line up correctly and leave a gap at the end. Not what I'd want for over £500

Reactions: Farmor00
@Alexpsp00 have you fitted them yet?
I've saw a couple people fitting these door blades and they don't line up correctly and leave a gap at the end. Not what I'd want for over £500
Yes i have, no the screws were a pain and fitment was quite poor for the rear blades but i solved this with minor modifcations and jamming them about which makes them fit just fine.
They dont line up 100% but thats most likely due to my door hinges being worn out so my door hang a bit too low, i can try to update this comment as im in the process of respraying my S3 and will with that change to new hinges.

Reactions: yoursixx and hydro s3
Hi has anyone got a guide to repairing these? The nylon is separating from the trim on mine, not wanting to take it off until I know what’s involved!
Thanks

Hi,

Does it look like mine did in this post...

It's a pain, but here goes...the door blade is held on by 4 screws on the bottom of the inside of the door, one at each end and two either side of the middle with the hole covered with a small bung. I found it easier to remove the door card so you can see the two 'hidden' screws...most likely rusted in and may need drilling out. If you have to drill them out then you will most likely knacker the nut in the door blade, as I did on one of mine. Once the screws are out, the blade needs to be slid back from the door to release it from the metal holding pins on the door, you may need to use a soft mallet with a cloth over to help it on its way...

I got some replacement screws from my local Audi dealership, as they were only a few quid.

Once the blade is off and cleaned, I cut a 'V' ish shaped groove in a few small blocks of wood, so I could rest the door blade flat, as it is a ****** to clamp down and compress the white strip fully into the door blade. I used a generic 2 pack resin bond and placed a thin strip of wood on top of the white middle strip and clamped it on my bench overnight.

You can see the result in the first link.

hth.

Reactions: Farmor00 and carburetor
Will hopefully have my S3 off the road soon and the plan is to modify the blades so they allow water between the blade and door to drain and dry. That's what causing the rush here.

I think a combination of stainless steels bolts and brackets should sort it, the rears can be packing out to match the depth of the front quite easily.