looking to fit an rns d into my b6 does any one have a guide to fitting one

gamesaddict2010

Reaction score
looking to fit an rns d into my b6 does any one have a guide to fitting one or even how to wire it up properly want nav to show on clocks screen etc

Waste of time putting a rns d in go for a rns e miles easyier to fit and dose more

not paying that kind of money got an rns d for 20 pound of ebay now just need to fit it

Sell the RNS, don't put either in.

Get a tablet, for £200 you could fit a nexus tablet into your car that has a million more miles functionality compared to any RNS.

I was going to do this but then my Audi went bang, thinking about it I might buy an Audi A4 just to play about with, something cheap that I can try and fit this in for fun

Sell the RNS, don't put either in.

Get a tablet, for £200 you could fit a nexus tablet into your car that has a million more miles functionality compared to any RNS.

I was going to do this but then my Audi went bang, thinking about it I might buy an Audi A4 just to play about with, something cheap that I can try and fit this in for fun

Only thing about that is can it pick up radio stations (without Internet), also can you stream to it using other phones/devices or plug them in.

Not only that but you'll need to make up a custom holder and surely this could be done without getting rid of the existing radio by fitting a Connects2 and plugging the tablet in via aux.

If someone walks past a car and sees a tablet in there...

Sorry to put such a downer on this idea, I think it could be good if it's set up right but just seems allot of trouble for something with less functionality than a good aftermarket unit.

Sorry to sound rude again but your maps on your rns d will be out of date and you cant get an up to date disc any more for it

Just realized I've got a spare RNS D actually, got the double din cage, climate control, full Bose surround sound, even the back bits for the boot and everything, drop us a pm if interested and I'll fish it out my garage :happy:

Edit: Got the radio code too, probably more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Only thing about that is can it pick up radio stations (without Internet), also can you stream to it using other phones/devices or plug them in.

Not only that but you'll need to make up a custom holder and surely this could be done without getting rid of the existing radio by fitting a Connects2 and plugging the tablet in via aux.

If someone walks past a car and sees a tablet in there...

Sorry to put such a downer on this idea, I think it could be good if it's set up right but just seems allot of trouble for something with less functionality than a good aftermarket unit.

My theory is as follows

Put single din concert in glovebox
Run aux cable to tablet
insert double din cage if not already
Put tablet in cage and use a double din facia plate to hold tablet in, no need for a custom bracket
Job done, you just play everything from tablet to original concert, so you keep Audi sound and wiring harness and it can all be removed anyway

As far as complicated, it's relatively easy when you know what wires you need, and I forgot to mention, £200 includes the tablet internet ready (just a PAYG data im is required) and a reversing camera, so you would have;
Tablet that connects to phone for bluetooth calls
Google maps (or similar)
Music available by streaming (apple music, spotify etc)
Radio you can use internet, o DAB, or just use original headunit that's now inthe glovebox.

Theft - yeah there's always a chance, but that's life, fear the thief's and they've already won

Reactions: DieselJake
My theory is as follows

Put single din concert in glovebox
Run aux cable to tablet
insert double din cage if not already
Put tablet in cage and use a double din facia plate to hold tablet in, no need for a custom bracket
Job done, you just play everything from tablet to original concert, so you keep Audi sound and wiring harness and it can all be removed anyway

As far as complicated, it's relatively easy when you know what wires you need, and I forgot to mention, £200 includes the tablet internet ready (just a PAYG data im is required) and a reversing camera, so you would have;
Tablet that connects to phone for bluetooth calls
Google maps (or similar)
Music available by streaming (apple music, spotify etc)
Radio you can use internet, o DAB, or just use original headunit that's now inthe glovebox.

Theft - yeah there's always a chance, but that's life, fear the thief's and they've already won

Sounds decent!

I'm just too cheap to pay for the monthly sim costs :playful: could even set it up as a portable hotspot if it's got unlimited Internet to save using your phone Internet in/near the car.

I removed my 6 CD multi changer the other day (oh and if anyone wants one of these it's up for grabs just drop us a pm) and the hole size is roughly if not exactly the same as the concert headunit.

RNS-D, holy cow. That thing's old, a real nail. I would go with an RNS-E II, or one of the latest Dynavin units off eBay.

i know its old but its age appropriate for the car 2003 avant 1.9 tdi 130bhp sport trying to stay authentic