Q7 Loss of power completely.

Oopsadaisy

Reaction score
Hi,

First time new Audi owner here. We just bought a 64 plate S Line Sport with 81k miles from a well known car auction site. We’ve had it a matter of weeks now to replace my old Mercedes that recently died a death. It’s a really beautiful car and after a tough start to the year after losing my father, for the first time in months I was feeling good about things.

Everything was going fantastically, and I absolutely loved the car. I have a horse and so we had a tow bar fitted so I can pull a trailer (all well within the maximum weight)

After one reasonably short outing towing after unhitching, on my way home I overtook a tractor and on finishing the manoeuvre, the spring coil light suddenly came on and it went into limp mode. My heart absolutely sunk, (my previous car had been plagued with issues and caused no end of stress) Got home and ran diagnostic which indicated p0087 - Fuel Rail/System pressure too low.

Switching the car on again the light disappeared and absolutely no indication of there being any problem, and everything ran fine for 2 days until yesterday when I returned home from work and light came on again. Ran diagnostic once again to return the same issue.

We bought the car as it was needing a service, so my husband ordered a full service kit that includes filters, which at this point we thought could be causing the issue.

This morning on setting off I noticed the car felt slightly shuddery on start up. Seemed ok as I set off. Our driveway is around 300m long and meets with a major 60mph road. As I was turning left the car cut out completely! A few very terrifying moments passed as I had to get myself and young son out of the car ASAP and immediately signal to oncoming traffic. All ended well when a hero passer by swiftly pushed the car off the road back to safety. Very traumatic experience.

Obviously I am devastated because having only had the car for a few weeks it’s now dead to the world. It was a huge expense and having bought from an auction site, we have zero come back with regards to warranty.

My question is; what is the likelihood of this being an unlucky write off - Is this heard of with these cars? Husband mentioned it potentially being a £10k fuel system job which we just simply cannot afford. We will contact a garage in the coming weeks, but I’m now pretty shaken up and heart broken by the whole experience but I don’t know if I should prepare myself for the worst or not.

interestingly enough, when myself and teenager son were looking in the boot the other day, he noticed that the towing eye had been used.

Thanks