Loss of Power? Now Back to normal?

pazaz

Reaction score
Whilst driving earlier, my car had about 30 mins of a severe loos of power, no Boost/ Turbo and very sub standard acceleration & power.

Was starting to panic and the it came back to normal.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Ive noticed that when I havnt driven it hard for a while and then accelerate hard, when boosting I can hear, what I can only decribe as a fluttering/clicking noise from under the bonnet. When this happens it can be felt when the turbo is boosting and then it clears and the car accelerates even harder.

This seemed to be louder than ever today before it cleared and resolved itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Once this has happened once its ok until I dont drive hard for a while and then boot it again and it happens again.

Anybody had any similar exeriances or have any idea as to what it could be?

Could it have been my DV stuck in the wrong position?

Sounds like a faulty DV - mine failed in a similar way and was swapped under warranty for the latest version OEM, which is supposedly more robust.

If you are out of warranty, I would suggest buying one and fitting it yourself, which takes about 5min. If its not the DV, you have only lost about £25 I think.

This happend to me again yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif and only today the car has ragained boost/turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I need help here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gifis somthing on its way out or is somthing just sticking in the wrong position /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I already have a Foge D/V /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

MAF possibly???

I had to change mine a couple of months ago due to lack of power at times when i put the foot down.Had to turn off ignition to reboot it.

Ive had the same problem on my A3 TDI. Ive had a guy come out and plug it in. he saying that the car is overboosting and the only way to cure this problem is a new turbo?is this correct?

Its now happening more frequently.

Sometimes the car boosts fine and the turbos really strong and othertimes like today its powerless like a standard 18 without the turbo??

Parked the car up for tonight and hope its ok again tomorrow.

Anybody any clues??

It somtimes works when the ignition is turned off and the car is started again, but not always /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

maf,dv,n75...one of these.Do some logging with vag-com.

Nice one, Going in for new clutch on Mon so I will get it checked then!!

Any idea how much the MAF is ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Maf is £75 approx exchang at the stealer...

Where have you been Taffy, haven't seen you on here in a while?

when was the last time you serviced the forge DV?

Thanks for that rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Still about just been really busy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Havnt seviced my Forge DV since Ive had it fitted about 10 mths ago.

Could this be causing the problem them?

Problem now worse that ever!!

Its happening all the time now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

A friend of mine has had what sounds like a very similar fault on his Ibiza Cupra. It was at Jabba on Wednesday and they diagnosed and replaced the n75 valve which seems to have cured the fault. Might be worth replacing yours I think their only about £50. Might be worth getting an uprated one while your at it, I think JBR do them.