Loss of Power

PigPen

Reaction score
Anyone else had this? Bearing in mind mine is only a few days out of the dealership and up to 300 miles on leaving the work car park tonight there was no power. With the engine running she crawled out on to the main road almost like the handbrake was still on juddering as she went. No warning lights came on and I got out to check all around but nothing. Left her running for a couple of minutes and she drove off fine almost like the engine had warmed up and all was OK? Dealership have told me I should get Audi Assistance to get a report from the engine although they aren't sure that would work with no warning lights on the dashboard.

Never heard of this before mate ?although neutral and handbrake on will get you no where, unless it was in drive an was not in gear properly?

It did feel like it wasn't in gear properly. No warning lights suggests it can't be serious right so maybe keep going to see if it happens again?

No nothing like that but I agree about giving Audi Assist a call, it seemed to be an impressive range of diagnostics to me and they were able to pass this information to the dealer. If nothing else it will reassure you all is ok, I was glad of this when mine peppered my drive with the black fluid splats from the exhaust, just condensation but how was I to know that?

Piggy.

Your name is not 'Jonah' by any chance.

Having a very bad Audi day. Never had problems with any of my previous cars :(

Hi mate just trying to make u feel better ,when i picked up my car from harrogate audi on the drive home someone smacked right into the back of me ,,new bumper ,only had the car 1 hour....

Nice start to ownership! It's the hassle as much as the cost I just hoped the dealer who had accepted they were then would offer to pay at least half to keep his customer happy but it seems they don't give a monkeys. In my trade and most from what I have read most work is repeat business so how the heck do these people survive? I would never buy a car from them again obnoxious simpletons.

When i bought my last s3 the windscreen was full of chips ( which they said it will have a brand new screen) and a few other bits where not right ,when i phoned them all i got was ,sorry theres nothing we can do ...

Parklands in gloucester...i live in cumbria so its a 7-8 hours round trip,so i just lived with it ,and was never happy with the paint ,screen and the foam part was missing in the boot ,that i can live with but ,screen and paint used to drive me nuts.a proper detail will sort out paint work :)

Last edited:
I'm working on a trump car and don't give up easily but it may take awhile ............... meanwhile the RAC are coming out in the morning to do a diagnostic test. I told them this in the first place and then they rang to say they were sending someone local as all RAC vans were busy. I asked them to check if the 'local' guys has the equipment to do the test at which point they said no so went away to cancel them. They then came back and asked if the RAC could come in the morning! Brakes didn't squeal on the way home so fingers crossed but probably not given the history of these cars!

Hi if it happens again get someone local with vagcom to check your car out or even amd tuning in essex also i hope you dont get brake squeal as i was going to try get and group buy on anti squeal brembo pads ,but i,m now told changing the pads to none oem voids the warrenty....

PigPen, was this one of Stafford's pre-registered stock? If so it may have been sitting around a while before you picked it up and just needs a couple of tanks of decent fuel put through it. Also invest in a VCDS cable, worth its weight in gold and quicker than waiting for Roadside to turn up.

No I bought it in transit from Germany so it was with them for about three weeks while I waited for the '13' plate. What is a VCDS cable do? I'm hoping it was me doing something stupid but I checked everything, handbrake, gear position etc just odd.

VCDS is a diagnostic tool much like the dealers have. Manufactured by Ross-tech, plugs in via USB into a PC and then into the OBD-II port. You can run your own diagnostics and Ross-tech supply online help and manuals so you know what the fault codes are. You can also do a whole load of cool stuff to you car as well with it.

Best place to buy said tool / equipment?

Hi mate NHN (nigel) sells thems or go to ross tech :)

Still waiting for Nigel to give me a quote for the Bose might be quicker to wait for the RAC :laugh: Only joking and no offence intended! How much does such an item cost?

Hi mate NHN (nigel) sells thems or go to ross tech :)
+1 I've got a vcds lead from Nigel, and its come in soooo handy so many times.. Well worth the money, mate

RAC found errors on my stereo and central locking but nothing with my engine so all seems fine.......................although he was very rude and said what an idiot I was for buying a new RS3

RAC found errors on my stereo and central locking but nothing with my engine so all seems fine.......................although he was very rude and said what an idiot I was for buying a new RS3

The RS3 is NOT the car for you... Admit it and get rid!