Lost logbook :(

Rutter

Reaction score
some idiot threw out my log book, mot and insurance certificate out of the IMPORTANT DOCUMENT folder. before i got into a rant about it il explain my situation see if anyone can offer me advice.

my tax runs out today and iv been waiting for my new insurance certificate to come thru the post as the MID still hasnt updated. contrary to what swift cover said i cant use a print off of my insurance as evidence of insurance (although it clearly states that it is in fact evidence of insurance) so iv had to sorn my car. Upon returning home iv found my log book has disapeared and iv been told its at least 3 weeks to replace!! and apparently i need my log book to tax my car if its been sorn'ed.

is there a quicker way to get a log book or even a way around it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just do your TAX online - Don't need any docs as they can confirm you hold insurance, MOT etc :icon_thumright: My Wife does it online every year - Apparently you just need to serial number from your car-tax reminder.

thing is the MID is still saying i dont have insurance (it commenced midnight) so i rang swiftcover they said 7-14 days before it is updated (meaning even if my car wasnt sorn the pigs would be pulling me over every 5 minutes to make me prove im insured lol). so it means i cant tax it until its updated so iv had to sorn it for now and park it on the drive. can i tax it online without a tax remindeR?

just checked the MID for myself and it state that i am insured! so why the hell is it saying its not when i try to tax it online or on the phone :S and when i ring the dvla all i get is a recording saying that they are to busy to answer (called about 3 million times)