Loud noise when starting my a2

hulland

HULLAND A2
Reaction score
Hello, Im getting a really bad loud noise everytime i start my car. Could this be the starter motoer. If so do i have to rplace it or can i do something to stop it?

A noisy starter motor is not really a problem, its only if it fails to start or becomes difficult to start that is an issue. Is it making a metallic sound when turning the key before it starts? Or is it making the noise when it fires up?

The first could be the release on the starter not engaging properly, it will only get worse and eventually it will fail to start but if it starts its not a major issue for the moment. It can be cleaned or even refurbished

If its the second issue it could be the engine not getting enough oil on start up? Oil starvation is a big problem , but i doubt if this is the issue if you already think its related to the starter.

It starts fine everytime, and the sound is high wine sounds, but it only happens as the car starts. It doesnt do it all the time, but it is happening more n more?

I have this type of problem and when start my car, I am getting a really bad loud noise everytime continue for about 35 seconds.

When you say really bad noise, can you explain further?

Metal tapping, squel noise, in a petrol or diesel?

ours does it but only for a second.

my missus is a bit over keen with the starting it and keeps ignition on a second too long, sounds asthmatic now but still works OK.