Low Dust S7 Brake Pads

Don Bartz

Reaction score
Hi all..
New here and was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for LOW dust brake pads for my 2018 S7? The car still has factory pads and I can't believe how dirty they are. Stopping is OK but nothing to shout about.
So, I'm trying to find a low dust pad, with good stopping qualities (for mostly normal driving, no performance stuff) and pads that won't eat up the rotors.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

P.S. Only a couple of years as an Audi owner, love the car and the Dealership!

Lots about now provided they do your application .

I've 3 cars with full sets of EBC Redstuff but next time I'll go Ferodo Eco Friction as much cheaper .

2018 05 25 104027

Reactions: +robster+a7+tdi
Also recommend fully decontaminating your wheels and applying a suitable sealant like Carpro DLUX... will be much easier to clean

I've 3 cars with full sets of EBC Redstuff but next time I'll go Ferodo Eco Friction as much cheaper .

View attachment 214321
Thank you! I did remove all the wheels and sealed them and they do clean up nicely (once per week, NO car washes). Are you going with Ferodo mainly because of cost or is there another factor as well?

I’m at 60k miles now, with about 40k on the EBC Redstuff’s (on all four corners)

I still highly recommend them. Extremely low dust, and more importantly no squeal, which is why I changed to them in the first place.

Not racing/tracking the car, and still plenty of life in pads and discs.

The EBC online catalogue is a bit of a mare to navigate.

Pads for the S6/7 (C7/7.5)
Front pads: # DP32158C
Rear pads: # DP32082C

Search on eBay/Google using the part numbers. These also fit some Mercedes models.:racer:

I have EBC Redstuff and EBC USR slotted rotors and I’d have to drive for about 4 weeks without washing to see any dust on the wheels.
Love them.

Reactions: RAF_S7

View attachment 214321

110% AGREE!! And not often I agree with you, Gazwould, I must be getting older, lol.

Forget the $/£ issue (no point considering that when you've just slammed into something untoward) Ferodo Eco Friction are way way better than the EBC for road use: ok, a tad more brake dust but for me way more reliable/consistent. Using 'em now on my/our SQ5, TT, and RS3 - just superb!

https://www.ferodo.com/catalogue/40...ing/brake-pad-set--disc-brake/fdb1877.pd.html

I’m at 60k miles now, with about 40k on the EBC Redstuff’s (on all four corners)

I still highly recommend them. Extremely low dust, and more importantly no squeal, which is why I changed to them in the first place.

Not racing/tracking the car, and still plenty of life in pads and discs.

The EBC online catalogue is a bit of a mare to navigate.

Pads for the S6/7 (C7/7.5)
Front pads: # DP32158C
Rear pads: # DP32082C

Search on eBay/Google using the part numbers. These also fit some Mercedes models.:racer:
Thanks!