Low oil pressure!

ianv5

Reaction score
Just had low oil pressure warning light come on so parked car up straightaway. Quick scan with Carista came up with fault code P15ce. Car has plenty of oil and had consumption fix 6k ago.

Anyone know what this could be?

Waiting for AA for recovery.

So anybody know the part number for the low oil pressure switch. Circled photo left for my audi a4 b8 2.0 petrol? not the cap nut the switch /sender.

mjs66r.jpg

Finally got home, car is starting and running fine and no sign of warning light!

Hopefully it is just a faulty sensor?

Reactions: ruairi83
Scared to run the car though any long distance.

Warm it up until normal temperature, see if the warning comes on when the oil is hot and therefore thinner.

Is the coolant level OK and clean looking coolant?

Warm it up until normal temperature, see if the warning comes on when the oil is hot and therefore thinner.

Will try in the morning and check coolant? What could it be?

If it comes up with low oil pressure when the oil is thin it might be a genuine oil pressure problem caused by wear in a bearing. Changing the oil may help.

If there is oil in the coolant there may be coolant in the oil, this swells the oil filter and stops the oil flowing, making the oil pressure drop.

Oil was changed about 3k back using Millers Cfs fully synthetic. Would the bearings have not been replaced when I had the oil consumption fix approx 7k back.

Will have to check coolant in the daytime.

Thanks for the advice.

Coolant is fine.

Have decided to not move/start car. Will get Audi to pick up car and check it out. If they start it and break it not my problem.

Still going to cost me knowing Audi!

Fixed!

Oil breather needed replacing so not to expensive, happy days.

Reactions: xpoweruk, ruairi83 and jdp1962