Low washer fluid warning

AdamInKent

Reaction score
I have just run out of washer fluid without the car giving me any warning. Does anyone know which 8Y models are supposed to be fitted with a low level sensor? I have an S-Line and I’m surprised to find I haven’t got one (or that it’s not working).

Solution
I have an S-line and it definitely has a low level warning for screenwash. Mine comes on when there's probably 1/2 litre of water left in the bottle so it's quite early.

This was a warning via the app the other day, it also came on the dash too.

I'd say you have an electronic fault if it doesn't show.
I have an S-line and it definitely has a low level warning for screenwash. Mine comes on when there's probably 1/2 litre of water left in the bottle so it's quite early.

This was a warning via the app the other day, it also came on the dash too.

I'd say you have an electronic fault if it doesn't show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210731-112440_myAudi~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210731-112440_myAudi~2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 92
Solution
I could be wrong, but i thought if you had matrix LEDs, you had headlight wash, a 5litre screenwash reservoir, and low fluid warning. If you have the S-line standard projector LEDs, and Sport 'basic' LED headlights, without headlight wash, there is no warning and only a 3 litre reservoir? Of course if you guys had the ping and only had non-Matrix LEDs, then my theory is out.

I don't have matrix LEDs but still have the low level warning. I've had this feature on much more basic cars over the years, I just assumed ANY A3 would have this feature - maybe not....

Out of interest, do all cars have the bumper cut outs for the headlight washers? I have the cut outs but they obviously don't do anything.

I've got a Sport trim Sportback (basic LEDs), and have 2 cutouts on the drivers side (guess lower one is for tow thingi), and one cutout on passenger side just under the headlights. Maybe it was cheaper to just keep them there even though they did nothing. Previous cars I've had had cutout for washers those without, didn't have any cutouts.

Reactions: SteveF1