Low Water Pressure

Nilz

Defo worth the wait :)
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Can anyone help at all, Ive got a Baxi Combi boiler, downstairs in the store next to the kitchen, however, when the water is on downstairs and if you turn a tap on upstairs, you literally get nothing up there, this is more noticable on the Hot than the Cold, Cold seems to be running ok but does loose pressure although not as much as the Hot.

I have spoken to ST and they have done a pressure check and have said all is ok.

Just need to add, im rubbish with all this plumbng stuff, so any responses in simple terms would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.
Nilz

Is this a new thing or has it always been like that?

I only ask because all combi-boilers I've had experience with do the same. If I'm running hot water in the kitchen and the mrs turns the bathroom tap on, the kitchen pressure drops to about a quater of what it was. I reckon it's because it's a closed system - if 2 units of water some in then 2 units of water come out and if two taps are running they get 1 each etc.

Hey guys,

Can anyone help at all, Ive got a Baxi Combi boiler, downstairs in the store next to the kitchen, however, when the water is on downstairs and if you turn a tap on upstairs, you literally get nothing up there, this is more noticable on the Hot than the Cold, Cold seems to be running ok but does loose pressure although not as much as the Hot.

I have spoken to ST and they have done a pressure check and have said all is ok.

Just need to add, im rubbish with all this plumbng stuff, so any responses in simple terms would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance.
Nilz

Takes a lot of pressure to lift the water from downstairs to your bathroom on the first floor.

Not the perfect solution, but why not fit a second water heater upstairs (my old man fitted a small electrical shower unit under the bath taking the feed from the cold water supply) It wouldn't cost the earth to purchase and install and would sort out your pressure issue.

Its not a new thing has been like this for a while, but recently has got noticably worse!!

Jarvis, have you got any more info on the second water heater??

Its not a new thing has been like this for a while, but recently has got noticably worse!!

Jarvis, have you got any more info on the second water heater??

Afraid I can't help you there (was a very long time ago)
Try your local DIY/plumbing center

Have bled the radiators, try to do it on a regular basis and the pressure on the boiler is at 2

The problem is flow rate not pressure. The mains pressure sounds ok that why the water still comes out on the 1st floor but the volume of water is a problem. Sounds like a filter is almost blocked. There should be one on the cold inlet to the combi.

I have a plumber coming next week who is going to have a look at the boiler, said that its possibly a filter or something that could be blocked, so will have a look at that and then we can go from there :)

Thanks guys, will let you know how it goes.

Have bled the radiators, try to do it on a regular basis and the pressure on the boiler is at 2

I only ask cos when we do ours it de-pressurises the system. There's a valve on one of the inlet pipes that needs to be opened to let more water in and repressurise it all, else we get no hot water...

Is your boiler fitted with a pressure gauge ?. My combi boiler will not run if the water pressure is below 0.5 Bar. You can top up you boiler with the inbuit filling loop (turn's on like a tap but turn it on slowly and watch gauge) . You may also want to turn up your mains water pressure, there are 2 way's of doing this 1. Inside your house there is a stopcock which may only be half open. 2. outside your house there should be another stopcock/tap this is found under a small black flap type cover (plastic or steel) 7"x7" lift up flap and you will see the stopcock/valve. Rember when working on any boiler/ filling or draining alway's have the central heating off or room stat turned down to zero.

Guys I regularly check the pressusre on the boiler and its normally sitting on the 2 mark, so no issues there, i have filled it up every now and then when it has dropped, I have checked the stop **** inside and outside and both are fully open.

Do you live in a hard water area.

I dont know.....lol, how would I know??

Water scale = hard white deposit's can be found in your kettle. Hard water in time will clog up your water pipe's if filter's (scale master's back in the day) are not fitted to the incoming main's or before your boiler inlet pipe .

Oh in that case, no all seems to be ok on that front.

LOL...cheers for clearing that up dude :)