Lowered but now squeaking - What to look for

rcnacura

US Spec 8V
Reaction score
So I got my Bilstein B16 Ride Control Coilovers installed and absolutely LOVE THEM. The car is completely new and really corners like its on rails! There is no tire squeal either when taking corners aggressively too.

But I'm having some issues with the install thus far and will be taking back to the shop on Saturday for them to fix, but want to see if anyone can point me in the direction.

The car rides smoothly, but it sounds like the front coils are binding and there is somewhat of a creaking/clicking/squeaking noise on harsh roads. When I pull out of my driveway there is also a "thunk" noise, which makes me assume the springs are not seated correctly.

Anyone can point me in some articles about cars that are lowered and are making noises so I can specially tell them what to change/look for? Thank you! After all fixed I'll write up a proper review of it all.

you are a braver man than me Gunga Din - not sure I'd be taking corners aggresively with a suspected suspension install issue. Take care!

My A3 recently had both lower arms and wishbone bushes replaced because of a creaking / grinding noise on uneven roads / over certain speed bumps. Might well be that lowering has resulted in something similar or it could well be like you mention that something isn't quite seated right.

Could also be catching on arch liners or something now you're lowered - I know my TT had similar issues after lowering.

Could it be one of these?

Untitled

Reactions: J4MMYz
So I figured it out, the idiots at the Jaguar dealership that did the install didn't put the strut mount bushings... you know - the VITAL and most important part of it all. I'm beyond livid with how upset I am. Its at the Audi Dealership now and see if they can fix it.

Loaner car - A5 again. This thing is so heavy!
11420097_10100541441838273_10335055_o.jpg