Lowering A6 Coilover or lowering springs ?

The Black Panther

Adventurer !
Reaction score
Lowering an A6 C7.

• Coilover or lowering springs ?

Want to achieve this without jeopardising clearance and rubbing potential while handling Uk road system.
Roads surface is **** generally and at the moment i have no issues.

Lowering an A6 C7.

• Coilover or lowering springs ?

Want to achieve this without jeopardising clearance and rubbing potential while handling Uk road system.
Roads surface is **** generally and at the moment i have no issues.
I'm planning to go for thr h&r adjustable springs so i can find that balance between look and comfort

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Black Panther
I've lowered mine on h and r adjustable coilovers... not sure on how much I have actually lowered it but it is quite substantial and I haven't had any trouble on any road at all.

Saying that the only scrape I did have was on the underneath of the car when going up a multi story car park when coming off the ramp onto the flat part... which is fair enough as some standard cars would scrap on those!

For reference this is how low mine is, on 20 inch wheels and spaced out 20mm at every wheel:

6b7be42af8e305dc84170de65cae1f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Black Panther and DeanoC
Bilstein B12 kit , expert suspension engineers have already worked out the optimum .

Reactions: Johnny31
Great posts guys lots of really great info. Really appreciate your experience.

Drop of 20-40 nm if it's practically achievable.

I'm Guessing only difference between coilovers and lower springs is that coilovers are adjustable where as springs are one height only ?

Good knowledge passed on there with 20 mm spacers all round. Much thanks for that.

Looks great and low !

I've lowered mine on h and r adjustable coilovers... not sure on how much I have actually lowered it but it is quite substantial and I haven't had any trouble on any road at all.

Saying that the only scrape I did have was on the underneath of the car when going up a multi story car park when coming off the ramp onto the flat part... which is fair enough as some standard cars would scrap on those!

For reference this is how low mine is, on 20 inch wheels and spaced out 20mm at every wheel:

6b7be42af8e305dc84170de65cae1f1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Black Panther