lowering kits

truebrummie

Reaction score
thinking of lowering my a4 any ideas please.
what kits to go for
what price im looking at paying
thanks guys

I bought some springs for mine 45mm front 35mm rear from spax for about £80. But it just wasn't low enough for me so i went for fk highsport coilovers for about £400. Best £400 i've ever spent, car has been totally transformed both in looks and handling. Ride still suprisingly comfortable too.

Randomjim said:
I bought some springs for mine 45mm front 35mm rear from spax for about £80. But it just wasn't low enough for me so i went for fk highsport coilovers for about £400. Best £400 i've ever spent, car has been totally transformed both in looks and handling. Ride still suprisingly comfortable too.
Do you have any pics of it dropped on the springs mate?

This is it with the springs 45mm front 35mm rear......

onsprings.jpg

This is on coilovers 100mm.........

efewfw.jpg

don't you ever have clearance issues with it after dropping 100mm? speedhumps/kerbs etc?

been thinking of getting some coilovers myself, still undecided on which to go for? suggestions?

Yea i can just about squeeze over a fag paper. It can be a bit of a pain in the *** but i love how it looks. Im well happy with my fk's good ride quality and amazing handling, No body roll at all.

Sold a set of koni adjustable a few months ago to a guy with a civic for about £700 and he's really disapointed with them....

Randomjim said:
This is it with the springs 45mm front 35mm rear......

This is on coilovers 100mm.........

Thanks for that mate....

It's safe to say that the coilover drop is a lot better but 100mm?? Are you sure? I am running 19" ASA AR1's on my Superb and I have KW Variant 1 Coilovers and that's only running around 60mm - 70mm and it looks as low as yours?? 100mm sounds a little excesive?? Maybe it's just me...

The thing to bear in mind with this is that the 45mm / 35mm drop will look lower on a smaller rim size as I assume you have 19's on? My Superb looks so much lower when I am running my winter 17" wheels than when I have my summer 19's on....

I think my girlfriend will be a little more happier now that I have shown her your spring drop as I have purchased -45mm springs for the Avant and she was convinced it would be too low.

I had 18 inch asa wheels in the pics. It's definatly 100mm i measured it compared to a standard one. It was reallly high off the ground before. Only problem is my exhaust has started blowing since i went back to standard 16's for a few weeks and scraped on everything.

Randomjim said:
I had 18 inch asa wheels in the pics. It's definatly 100mm i measured it compared to a standard one. It was reallly high off the ground before. Only problem is my exhaust has started blowing since i went back to standard 16's for a few weeks and scraped on everything.
Hmmm....

Well I will have to see what happens when I have the -45mm on the Avant...

I guess the Superb ride height is a little different to the A4....

Thanks for the pics though mate.

No worries mate. This is it standard so you get the idea of the height difference.

Newcar.jpg

Someones selling a set of lowered springs in the for sale section !!!

I'm currently selling Ventura springs, 45/35mm drop for V6 2.4/2.8/2.5TDI FWD saloon. Its in the sales section. :yes:

Randomjim - I'm seriously considering getting some FK Highsports and fitting them myself. Did you need any extra bits i.e. top mounts etc? Or were they a simple bolt on jobbie?

I work opposite a mechanics so they chucked them on for me. But they should be a simple bolt on.

Out of everything i've done to my car the fk's are by far the best mod i've done. Do it.....

Thanks for the quick response. I wonder if you might be able to ask your mechanics for me if there where any additional parts needed or if everything came in the box.

99% sure you don't need any additional parts but i'll double check tommorow. :icon_thumright:

you'll be better off doing the front top mounts any way they cost less than a tenner each at a decent motor factors so there's no excuse no to!

The top mounts are the main reason I asked. I didn't want to buy new top mounts only to find that the FK coilovers come with new / uprated ones anyway.

They don't come with them, i didn't bother changing mine to be honest.

It's a Rieger Infinity. Fitted perfectly and is really well made :icon_thumright: . I got it from venom motorsport for about £100 + vat.