Lowering springs

naquiss

Reaction score
Hello, I have an A3 1.8T Sport 2001 on original sport spec shocks and springs. The car has done about 93000 miles. The cornering is a bit wooly and over bumps/potholes etc, it is really harsh. Time to replace shocks and springs maybe.

I have already got a set of Bilstein B4 shocks. Next, the springs...the standard sport spec from Audi cost about £245 total.

I have seen Eibach Pro-Kit at about £130 total.

- Are these a good alternative to the stock springs?
- How much firmer are they, in terms of comfort?
- Will it lower the car much compared to original Audi sport springs?

If any one has experience of this set up please let us know.

Thanks in advance.

There's some good info in the sticky section about suspension setup.

Eibach with the bilsteins sounds ok but don't put lowering springs on with std shocks!

New bushes and tracking might sort out your whoollyness tho?

i have koni fsd shocks on my car. had a broken spring on the back which failed mot, so ended up getting eibach pro kit as audi were wanting 90 odd quid for back springs. got mine from dpm which was the best price i could find. ride height has lowered slightly, looks absolutely perfect now on standard 17s. the ride comfort is fine, and handling feels so much better that before. just feels solid in the corners now. would derfinately recommend these springs. go for it mate!

Glad this topic has came up again.

Weve just found two broken rear Eibach springs on our S3 and need to replace them.

Confused as to why you shouldnt replace without new shocks tho, any info appreciated.

Also, what are the springs of choice at the mo, with or without shocks.

Might have to bite the bullet and replace the lot if thats the recommended option.

I did look at the sticky, but that is S3 oriented, mine is a T Sport.

I intend to get bushes replaced as well, rear mount bushes are failing as are shock absorbers. Will also get the front control arm bushes and springs replaced.

The roads round here in east London look like we have been carpet bombed, so was afraid of getting springs that are too harsh. The Eibachs are recommended so will take a chance, especially as it will save about £110 over Audi original plus spruced up handling will be a bonus.

Just read some posts about broken Eibach springs. Its worrying...anyone know if this is common with Eibach? Are they comparable to Audi original springs in durability and quality?

Thanks chaps. I have ordered the Eibach.

Have also been advised to change the anti roll bar bushes, so ordered a set of SuperPro poly bushes for the front ARB mounts only. Also got new drop links really cheap, turned out to be plastic, hope that's not a problem.

Question: How easy is it to fit ARB bushes? Does the subframe have to be lowered slightly? The bolts for the brackets look to be in a very tight space.